Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0 H.O.
Default Quick lookover?

Hey everyone. On the market for another cherokee. ive owned two and they were good to me so time for another. i found one on craigslist that i want to go check out. just gonna post some pictures and info and tell me whatcha think. i was looking for a two door auto lifted 3.5-6.5 inches with 31-33 inch tires. dont have the money to buy another good running stock one and pay for lift and tires so want something that was already lifted.

talked to the owner and he said its in solid condition and has made a good amount of long distance trips and its made it fine but after far drives drips about a dime size drop of oil. no big deal i think.

one thing im weird about is it is a 94 and has a newer 97 engine in it with around 50k he said. no papers on it so dont really know the actual mileage. guess thats a chance im gonna have to take :/ not too much of a fan of trusting ppl but could be legit. if i was selling something i wouldnt lie about the miles but can never trust ppl these days.

so heres the parts list. tell me whatcha think. and id be buying it for 3000$ good deal?

94 Jeep Cherokee 1997 motor with 50 k A/C works fresh tune up oilchange
list of mods:
Remote Starter
rubicon express 3.5 lift kit
soft 8 wheels with bfgs all terrian about 1 yr old but not much mileage plus spare
powertrax locker in rear
ARB front back bumpers
no rug rino liner
am fm cd
high flow radiater
kooks header
new battery
wipers etc.
This truck runs awesome daily driver or weekend warrior or both good mpg
dependable just inspected good till 2/ 2014 in NJ

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good. Take it for a drive, if you're not very mechanical either have someone look it over or ask the seller to tame it to a mechanic of your choice. I'm also leary of engine swaps in general. If there's documentation I'm more comfortable, but then I also wonder how well the owner took care of it if the engine needed to be replaced. Documentation, even if it's just a personal log book, of maintenance done goes a long way.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0 H.O.

yea im still in the process of txting him questions when i think of them. just told me the serpentine belts squeaks alittle until its running for a few seconds but only occasionally does it. guessing thats the belt and the pulleys are fine. any things to look for regarding the swap? i had a 240sx and that was swapped. ran strong but had a battery drain which made me go crazy.