XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guy's

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem? I was driving home yesterday on the fwy and my RPM's dropped to zero and speed came down slowly for about 2 seconds then everything kicked back in. It was a scary feeling. Later about 10 miles down I had a quarter tank it dropped to "E" and gas fuel gage turned on as well don't know why this has never happen to me in the 11 years I have owned it.
Can someone please help?

Thanks much,
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Not sure if this helps but i had something very similar happen to me and itcwas because my whole fuse box was crappy!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Can you tell us a little about your Jeep? Its impossible to help you if you dont provide absolutely as much information as you can...

It could be a few things, a bad fuse block being one.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM

I have to agree with Muddy on this one. I had the same situation in a different type of car, and found out the fuse box under the hood was getting wet and corroded. I replaced that and it worked fine.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM

Yeah its cuz mine got wet too!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 AM

I was deer hunting with the front end of my car, and bent the hood!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM

Default 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ok guys ,

I was driving and I saw my rpm's and fuel gauge drop and two seconds late they cranked back up to normal speed.The car did not shut off . Steering wheel looses power steering and brakes harden. I have not done anything to the car except my regular oil changes. Car starts and shuts right off with no problem if I step on the gas it takes off and breaks just fine when driving. This is all the info I can give you guys. seems like it must me a short to me but would not even know where to start looking .
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Jordan2000
Ok guys ,

I was driving and I saw my rpm's and fuel gauge drop and two seconds late they cranked back up to normal speed.The car did not shut off . Steering wheel looses power steering and brakes harden. I have not done anything to the car except my regular oil changes. Car starts and shuts right off with no problem if I step on the gas it takes off and breaks just fine when driving. This is all the info I can give you guys. seems like it must me a short to me but would not even know where to start looking .
You can give more info... start here:

Year
Transmission
4wd or 2wd
Miles

With the information you've given me, sounds like muffler bearings. (Yes, I'm kidding)
Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Originally Posted by Jordan2000
Ok guys ,

If thats all the info you can give then your better off just taking it to a local shop or dealership.