Paranormal Encounters of a Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1989 Limited
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I-6 4.0L AMC Renix
Default Paranormal Encounters of a Jeep

Thread about the most odd encounters you've had while working/driving your jeep!!

For example: dome lights used to never work and all of a sudden they start working perfectly out of the blue!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

One time while driving to the Oregon caves, on a moonless nights with trees as tall and thick as they could be. My wife and I were killing time as I drove up the narrow, steep, twisty road we were talking about ghosts and demons and the like. When out of nowhere my headlights shut off, I stopped immediately and the lights came back on. Once I got up to 15mph they shut off again then came back on. This continued for the next 45 min until we made it to the château at the caves.
After a few months of driving with my headlights always on and flashing making people get out of my way on the freeway, which was awesome, I replaced the headlight switch and added the putco harness.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 liter inline 6

Freaking ghost wiring dude. Fix one wiring issue and it reappears somewhere else a day later. gah.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1992

I never knew I had a factory alarm. After a year of owning it, I did the doorless mod and when I plugged my doors back in, my alarm started honking my horn and flashing my lights. Now my alarm arms every time I lock my doors.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 93_xjcherokee
I never knew I had a factory alarm. After a year of owning it, I did the doorless mod and when I plugged my doors back in, my alarm started honking my horn and flashing my lights. Now my alarm arms every time I lock my doors.
Jeeps have alarms?
Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 AM

So I was driving to my mechanic to fix my light issue and out of nowhere my jeep starts stalling at red lights and then it felt like the engine jumped a few times and then gave out completely and had to use all my strength to steer off to the side of the road with no power steering and little leftover momentum. Had to get it towed to the shop which was 30 seconds away so now it won't start and my mechanic and I still couldn't figure out why after 3 hours of looking. Might need to turn to the swedes for a new ignition coil ::cries::
Old 10-25-2015, 10:41 AM
Kap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 inline 6

Does anybody remember the radio suspense series 'Inner Sanctum?' I was driving my Jeep to my cabin late one really dark rainy November night. I was tired. Trees were leafless but creaking against each other in the wind. Bare wet branches on my narrow access road scraped the car windows. Radio was on, and an station that played oldtime radio began an Inner Sanctum tale: 'It was a late November night -- rainy, dark, and windy. He was driving a narrow road and feeling tired. Branches scraped the windows....'
At that point I got superstitious and didn't want to hear any more or what happened next. I shut off the radio
End of story: nothing happened to me-- probably because I didn't listen further. The Jeep got me there.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kap
Does anybody remember the radio suspense series 'Inner Sanctum?' I was driving my Jeep to my cabin late one really dark rainy November night. I was tired. Trees were leafless but creaking against each other in the wind. Bare wet branches on my narrow access road scraped the car windows. Radio was on, and an station that played oldtime radio began an Inner Sanctum tale: 'It was a late November night -- rainy, dark, and windy. He was driving a narrow road and feeling tired. Branches scraped the windows....'
At that point I got superstitious and didn't want to hear any more or what happened next. I shut off the radio
End of story: nothing happened to me-- probably because I didn't listen further. The Jeep got me there.
Haha i would of turned it up and been up for an adventure!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993

One time me and a friend of mine were driving in my XJ through the woods on his private property. We got stuck and had to walk back to get this old yj to pull me out. It was about 10:30 on a rainy night and as we were walking through the woods, we were joking about, what if some random vehicle drove through the his trails while we were walkin, as soon as he said that, we saw a set of headlights come through the trees.we hid in the brush as an old yota drove by. Kinda strange. So we went back got his yj and as we arrived back at his property the yota boy is coming out. We told to get the hell off his (my friends) property. And he said he wasn't on his property, yet there was a trail of mud leading about 20 yards to the trail entrance. We chased him down and eventually let him go. But he had ran over all the no trespassing signs. Luckly he didn't go on the same path of my stuck XJ. He might have stole my tools. Lol
Old 10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Default Fun thread :)

Had one yesterday. Our XJ has been running like a clock that needs no winding for the last 6 months after I did a bunch of work to get it going. It has seen a lot of rough wheeling since with no problems. We went wheeling over the roughest stuff yet yesterday and when we got back to the main road and heading home I looked over at my Wife and my buddy and said "I am proud of this thing...it did great considering where we just took it!...right as I was saying this it started sputtering and almost died. I hate Jinxes. lol
Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0l 310,000 miles

once I was underneath my xj installing the front driveshaft when I felt like I was being watched. I raised my head and looked down toward the rear bumper and a coyote was staring at me... don't know who was more startled him or me. Instead of running away he trotted around the drivers side gave me one more quick look and disappeared around the side of my house... by the time I wriggled out from underneath the jeep he was just gone. Just staring at me... like I was a meal....
Old 10-26-2015, 02:10 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by neverenuff
once I was underneath my xj installing the front driveshaft when I felt like I was being watched. I raised my head and looked down toward the rear bumper and a coyote was staring at me... don't know who was more startled him or me. Instead of running away he trotted around the drivers side gave me one more quick look and disappeared around the side of my house... by the time I wriggled out from underneath the jeep he was just gone. Just staring at me... like I was a meal....

It was just curious When they get used to being around people they have a huge curiosity about things and do things like this. I did a lot of trapping on the Ranch when I was a kid and the best bait I found to use for both Coyote and Cat was a beer or soda tab hanging over the trap. They just can't control their own curiosity.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
It was just curious When they get used to being around people they have a huge curiosity about things and do things like this. I did a lot of trapping on the Ranch when I was a kid and the best bait I found to use for both Coyote and Cat was a beer or soda tab hanging over the trap. They just can't control their own curiosity.
Genius
Old 10-28-2015, 06:52 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LiamLikeNeeson
Genius

The credit should really go to Fred...the oldtimer who taught me this. I could read from the tracks that they would circle it and run away from and back to circle it again for hours on end before finally giving in to their curiosity and insist on smelling it up close.

Funny thing I realized later in life, people will do the same thing
Old 10-28-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by neverenuff
Ha thats exactly how i got my pet coon. the little guy walked right up and started licking me. i took him 4 miles down the road and let him go and an hour later he showed up again so i fixed him a bed and some dog food and let him stay in the garage and looked for his mom the next day who had been killed on the road. still the most loyal pet i have had.

Quick Reply: Paranormal Encounters of a Jeep