Sponsored by: DashLynx

New with question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2005
Model: Grand Cherokee
Default New with question

I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport about a month ago and i am looking to do some work on it and possible upgrade somethings on it but i don't know where to look i am just basically looking for suggestions on some websites to buy things as well as some ideas for it i am in Western Kentucky... Thanks in advance Please
Old 04-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999 Limited
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6 Power Tech

Start with the fluids (engine, tranny, differentials, brake, steering, transfer case and coolant). Search on here for suggestions/recommendations for oils and filters. Check your head to see if you have the dreaded 0331, search on here in regarding that. Inspect your suspension, shocks, springs, shackles brake pads and undercarriage for rust. As far as upgrades, the headlights on our XJ's are dim, search on here for solutions. Notice I said "search" a few times, you will get all the answers to all your questions with very little effort. Best of luck and welcome to the site.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

Go online, find some diagrams for your year, pop the hood, get underneath and really just get to know the ride. Definitely start with the fluids (oil, coolant, differential(s), tranny and transfer case) and filters (air and oil). Oh and run some fuel treatment (Lucas, Seafoam, etc.). Next you just want to inspect everything - steering, suspension, brakes, tires, look for leaks, etc.

As far as upgrades, it all depends on what you want to do with it. You really just want to get to learn the vehicle and where everything is initially.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2005
Model: Grand Cherokee

Originally Posted by ZINGGG
Go online, find some diagrams for your year, pop the hood, get underneath and really just get to know the ride. Definitely start with the fluids (oil, coolant, differential(s), tranny and transfer case) and filters (air and oil). Oh and run some fuel treatment (Lucas, Seafoam, etc.). Next you just want to inspect everything - steering, suspension, brakes, tires, look for leaks, etc.

As far as upgrades, it all depends on what you want to do with it. You really just want to get to learn the vehicle and where everything is initially.
I know i want a lift kit just a small one the guy who owned the vehicle before me put tires on it that are a little to big and when making some turns the tires rub in the back i have not had the front tires rub at all... i have been running seafoam through the gas but i will look at some of the other things thanks for your help does anyone know a good brand or company to look for a lift kit or a website perhaps to look at? i am going to "search" the forum to see if i can come up with anything thanks again