New Group for Stockers!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default New Group for Stockers!

The 'Stock as a Rock Jeep Club' is now in existence! If you have a stock Jeep and like it the way it is, or you just can't afford to mod your Jeep, this club is for you! Feel free to join and start a conversation. I have noticed the other clubs I have joined are not very 'friendly', with NO response whatsoever in my experience. I will do my best to keep it fun and interactive, and ask the same of you if you join, thanks!

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/groups...ock-jeep-club/
Attached Thumbnails New Group for Stockers!-cherokee-golden-gate-004.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this like plain chicken wings? LOL

Define stock. Are we talking literally stock?

Because I am small but not stock.

Name:  abs.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  25.8 KB

Last edited by holycaveman; 07-30-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Open to Grand Cherokees too?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by holycaveman
Is this like plain chicken wings? LOL

Define stock. Are we talking literally stock?

Because I am small but not stock.

The definition of Stock for the purpose of this group means NO mods of any kind that are visable. So, no lifted vehicles unless it rolled off the factory floor that way, No aftermarket bumpers or racks. No Light racks on top. Aftermarket wheels and tires don't count as mods to me. If you put in upgraded fuel injectors, or upgrade your radiator, or something like that, that's ok too.
Good question! Thanks for your interest.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bustedback
Open to Grand Cherokees too?
Sure!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L I6

I am sure anyone can join, but rhe conversation will be geared to non-modified discussions. Like I may join because while I do have a lift and modded my front bumper, i generally will be keeping thinks stock.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior
I am sure anyone can join, but rhe conversation will be geared to non-modified discussions. Like I may join because while I do have a lift and modded my front bumper, i generally will be keeping thinks stock.
Sorry WeatherWarrior, but due to your lift and modded bumper, you won't be eligible to join. You do not have a stock vehicle anymore.
Fret not! As soon as I start Modding my 2nd Cherokee, I will start a group for them also.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
CF Veteran

Just some thought here.

If your cant mod your Jeep in any way. There might not be much to talk about?

"Hey those are sure nice Hood vents you got!, nice having you in the club, take care"

Last edited by holycaveman; 07-30-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awwh this is perfect for me! I never know where to post so here is perfect (:
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 HO

This club seams to have alot of rules and criteria....... Just sayin.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Drewjharper1900
This club seams to have alot of rules and criteria....... Just sayin.
That's kind of the point of a club isn't it? I mean, look at all the other clubs.....You have clubs that only people in that state can join....you have clubs that only Red or Orange jeeps can join....you have an all girls club.....2 door....need I go on?

I have joined two other clubs here, and when I post there, I hear nothing but the birds singing in my backyard. Heck, I even tried to 'befriend' the lead person to one of them, only to get an almost rude response. I wanted to create a club where there is at least a conversation running (the club maintainers' job IMO) and not one where NOTHING is happening. I will at least do my best to do that in this club.

I started the club because most all I see on this forum is what my Cherokee can only dream of becoming, build wise, financially, etc.
I'm pretty sure there is alot of people like me, who started out with the intention of modding thier Jeep, but either can't afford it (Like Me) or have just come to the conclusion they will never modify their Jeep. (like me) I have decided I will get another Chereokee to mod, because this 1st one is too nice to mess with. I get great gas mileage and still have a great time at Hollister Hills, Ca., my local funhole.
I apologize to those who feel slighted by the conditions to join this club. May I suggest you create your own club. Just contact okjeeper to get you set up. I just wanted a place for like minded people to congregate. We can talk about where we go, what we do in it, whats broke, what need fixing, what we fixed, and of course, I'd like to see a new picture of your stocker every time you post.
Thank you all for your interest!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by Devodale

That's kind of the point of a club isn't it? I mean, look at all the other clubs.....You have clubs that only people in that state can join....you have clubs that only Red or Orange jeeps can join....you have an all girls club.....2 door....need I go on?

I have joined two other clubs here, and when I post there, I hear nothing but the birds singing in my backyard. Heck, I even tried to 'befriend' the lead person to one of them, only to get an almost rude response. I wanted to create a club where there is at least a conversation running (the club maintainers' job IMO) and not one where NOTHING is happening. I will at least do my best to do that in this club.

I started the club because most all I see on this forum is what my Cherokee can only dream of becoming, build wise, financially, etc.
I'm pretty sure there is alot of people like me, who started out with the intention of modding thier Jeep, but either can't afford it (Like Me) or have just come to the conclusion they will never modify their Jeep. (like me) I have decided I will get another Chereokee to mod, because this 1st one is too nice to mess with. I get great gas mileage and still have a great time at Hollister Hills, Ca., my local funhole.
I apologize to those who feel slighted by the conditions to join this club. May I suggest you create your own club. Just contact okjeeper to get you set up. I just wanted a place for like minded people to congregate. We can talk about where we go, what we do in it, whats broke, what need fixing, what we fixed, and of course, I'd like to see a new picture of your stocker every time you post.
Thank you all for your interest!
Wow... okay. Sorry i offended you.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1987
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: Renix 4.0

Are we being trolled?

More power to you for starting a club...

It just seems to me that this is like a super small niche club... so you may still get the "hearing the birds sing in your backyard" response. I cant think of one person who doesnt want to mod their jeep. But like i said, more power to ya.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1987
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: Renix 4.0

Shut up drew... your exterior has been modded! :P
Old 07-30-2012, 05:14 PM

No offense taken, just thought you deserved an explanation, though it be a bit wordy...

Quick Reply: New Group for Stockers!