XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some upgrade suggestions, please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Hey guys, name's Leon from RI, Recently I've purchased a 1998 grand cherokee laredo I6 4.0 engine and I'm already hooked to this monster...

I've already posted few treads in this forum and got more help than an actual mechanic... Lol... Thank you all for that...

Well when I first bought my jeep I thought that I'm gonna sell it, but after yesterday's snow and the life-saving role that it played in my life (I'm saying life-saving role, cause I've actually received a phone call at 5:30 a.m and went down to my boss's house this morning and pulled his 2008 chevy truck out of the snow.... Lol) I've decided to keep my little snow monster forever...

Now I'm thinking to spend sone little money and make my perfect standard jeep, little bit better...

I've recently replaced the both front&rear sway-bar links,bushings track bar, shocks, brakes and getting ready to replace the differential bearings and pinion bearings and components and give it a transmission & anti-freeze flush...

After setting all these stuff, I'm gonna concentrate to the interior and thinking to upgrade the stereo and speakers... Because I think that's the only thing that came on low standards....

Long story longer, can you help me to find a nice stereo system with speakers that will easily fit on the dashboard and will have simple installation??

I'm not intending to blow my head while driving and I also cannot compromise from the space that I have in the truck, all I need is a simple stereo system that has nice quality sound which will allow me to enjoy my music while driving??

I'm little bit picky when the subject is music, but again not necessary to be a loud one, but quality one...

i.e: For my daily use, I have SHURE earphones that sell for 150$ so quality is important for me...

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all the suggestions

Regards
Leo
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L with throttle body spacer and cold air intake, bored throttle body, #784 injector upgrade

I have a Pioneer head unit for my jeep. Love it and worth the money that I spent. I have Pioneer 3 way speakers for it and they give me a nice all around sound.