XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Vin does Not match the title?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default My Vin does Not match the title?

My title does not match my xj. Ive done some research and the title does match a white jeep on car fax. Allthough my jeep pulls a differnt carfax with its vin (I obtianed from the door).

Do I have the title for another jeep?

If so do I have Rights to that Jeep?

The title was renewed at a Brownsville independent dealer, they are the first ones on the title. Did they do this to cover something up.?

I have no doubt my jeep was in an accident prior to obtaining it, left front quarter panel is plastic.

I suspect It has been serviced out of country, possibly a whole rebuild...(The engine) I say this because it is a feat of nature for my 220,000 mile 4.0 engine to be running flawless after Ive taken it to the track, offroading
and through hell many occasions. Ive killed cars In 10 Mins and know limitations that are realistic. Allso the bright ornge sealer at every seal tells me some ones been in there.

I have a white regrowing powder mold that chips away
Could they have been covering something up.

Is it ever to late to take action If this car dealer is responsible?

What are the steps I need to take and what do I do?

Im not trying to get the other xj unless its in a yard not running.I love my xj so much Ide never deprive another owner, but parts is parts if its broke then Im coming to claim.< is this possible?

Will the car dealer have to refund the jeep If it had had mold damage and covered it up. Basically the only thing different is the amount of car faxes.

If someone has the lifetime membership to carfax could you help a loving xj owner out and leave me your email so I can get back to you with the 2 vins thx?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the vin off the dash?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

If you pulled the VIN from the door, then the door was most likely replaced with one from a junk yard. Does the VIN on the title match the VIN on the dashboard?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

If your Jeeps VIN #'s aren't on the title you don't own it and should take legal action against the seller.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Last edited by akmo32; 07-13-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: I dissclosed information that was personal
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM

I have that Dash under temp reg and the door matches it.
Im looking for that title brb..

Last edited by akmo32; 07-13-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM

AND the jeep title I have goes to a 1j4ft68w1sl562463
Old 07-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Year: 1998, 1999
Engine: 4.0

There should be another VIN on your passenger inner fender. Compare that to the other Vins you have on it. Also look at the VIN on the firewall in the engine compartment right near the brake booster.
There are Vin's in other places as well... I can't remember where though... If you find 2 or 3 are the same but different than the title you definately have a problem.
So you think it could have had a new dash put on because it was a flood damaged jeep? They might do that if it was really submerged. See if you can find rust on unusual places ... Like the dip sticks, or places up higher in the engine compartment... I think if you take a look with a bright light and take your time you may see the story. Most people that do things like this do it fast so they miss details like sand or mud stuck in places that they shouldn't be.
Mike
Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM

The title says Actual milage rebuilt Salvage - loss unknown But there is a milage under the odometer reading thats 173k I could only find 3 vins dash door and engine compartment all match for the jeep but not the title.

Last edited by akmo32; 07-13-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

Ya' know what would be interesting... Call or go to your locale Chrysler Dealer. Ask them to run both Vins and see what comes up. You'd be surprised all the info they have. Offer to buy the guy a pop and he may give you the printoputs on both of the Vins.
Mike

Obviously it was in some kind of an accident or natural disaster. If it was in a flood it's a Federal law that they put that on the title. I don't think they can put "means unknown" or whatever yours says legally.
The problem with a Salvage titel is it devalues the jeep a lot! Was the Seller forthcoming about this?

Mike
Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Flood loss is complete totall. Not supposed to rebuild those. But it not matching the title is bad, you own the tilte. Numbers need to match. Insurance will not cover you if they do not. I work in a totall loss environment and that will casue lots of problems for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 PM

I was looking at this car it has a salvage title and was in a flood. A junk yard type place is selling it.
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1991

you need to go back to the place of purchase and find out whats up
they could have given you the wrong title

it almost happened to me on a new truck
they were identical except for stereo and rimes

lucky had the truck washed and there wash guy cot it
the truck had all the dealer ids remove so he had to look at the Vin and could not find it so they did some checking and the sold me the wrong truck on paper
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM

If I was less of a person I would jump on the chance to sue....Bills due its very possible BUT I contacted the Dealer who sold the car he said he would go to the annex in the morning and try to clear this up on his end.
How could he if he dosnt own the jeep in question? Allso What should I expect as a solution? I would settle for a clean clear title in my name.
(But could this guy scam the jeep from me knowing the title is Lost?<I have temp reg.)Farthermore if the jeep cant be given a title due to salvage reasons and they pulled a slick one is there a agency puting tax dollars to work? Should I have to pay a Dime? How do I find the car I have the title for? and do I legally own the jeep for which i have the title?
Im Kinda confused any help helps but there holding up my buisness im trying to sell for 850$ /chump change because there revenues are over 1mill earned every year.

Last and formost I recieved a no reg ticket 3 months ago am I responsible or is that an expense I can put into the calculator on a claim? Because there mastakes are costing my time and money get my drift is this a Better buisness bur situation?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:32 PM

Year: 01

Ask around local for a free consultation with a lawyer that could help you i would say thats your best bet in this ordeal

Quick Reply: My Vin does Not match the title?