Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Talking May be getting another XJ!

Going to meet the guy this weekend and hopefully trade him my highboy...Its 99 Jeep Cherokee, has 166,000 miles. It is the 4.0 Inline 6 automatic transmission. It has a Dana 44 HD front axle and a Dana 60 rear axle out of a 76 F-250 with 411 gears. 35inch tires. Custom 8 inch long arm kit. It has an advanced adaptor slip yoke eliminater kit and a Tom Wood drive shaft. Runs great! Needs some work.....So exited.lol
Heres a few pics.

What you guys think? Good deal?

Last edited by Kyle 4x4 4life; 06-21-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 litre

your getting rid of the highboy. i hate fords but i love your truck
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 PM
CF Veteran

Haha i love it too...but with gas killing me, and not much room for the kid and fiance...i think its for the best.lol
Old 06-21-2011, 11:04 PM
AoA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.2L bored out 4.0L I6

the can see myself telling you its not very cool cuz its "bought and not built"
also "custom" lift seems sketch...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by AoA
the can see myself telling you its not very cool cuz its "bought and not built"
also "custom" lift seems sketch...
Ya i've heard that before...but like i told them...i work full time and when im not working im taking care of my kid...so i have very little to no time on building a jeep...so i figure if i get one that has most the major time consuming and pricey stuff already done that i can just personalize with bumpers, paint, armor, etc...im not getting it because i dont wanna build one...cuz i already have one thats not getting built...lol just looking to save some money on gas and make my fiance happy by getting rid of the pickup she thinks is ugly.lol
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

Awesome man i love it!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by PurpleKrawler
Awesome man i love it!
Thanks...saturday cant come soon enough.lol
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

This is great news, and you know what else is? After the third worst drought Texas has had in recorded history- IT'S RAINING RIGHT NOW!!! Sorry to hijack, but I'm just so happy to have some mud after several months of nothing but bone-dry dust!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:40 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Evilpopcorn
This is great news, and you know what else is? After the third worst drought Texas has had in recorded history- IT'S RAINING RIGHT NOW!!! Sorry to hijack, but I'm just so happy to have some mud after several months of nothing but bone-dry dust!
Haha come to south dakota...we've got pouring rain nearly once every day the last few weeks.lol
Actually went wheeling the other day, and the trail i normally go on is like you say bone dry dust...even after a decent rain...but we've gotten so much moisture this year that the trail was solid mud for a good 5 miles.lol
Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
CF Veteran

He's coming down tommorow instead of saturday
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 AM
CF Veteran

Ok so i get a text this afternoon from the guy saying "Something came up and i cant make it"...so i thought ok, something personal no big deal...then he says "Maybe we can work something out next week"...so i go on with the rest of my day..and about 10:30 tonight i get a text from him saying he sold it

Ok so im not mad at the guy for selling it by no means...i mean if you'd rather sell than trade thats no big deal...but be straight up and tell me "Hey i'd rather sell it and a guy is interested in buying it, so im going to wait and see if the deal goes through...and if not we'll work something out and meet up"...thats how i think the conversation should've went...and on top of that i took yesterday off work to take all of the stuff off my pickup...tool box, cb, antennas...and washed it front to back and underneath...then completly cleaned out the interior, rewired the speakers so no wires where showing(figured it'd look cleaner...never bothered me) and took all my junk outta the cab...a lot of work, time, and money lost on this stupid situation...but oh well, s**t happens i guess.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 High Output

Originally Posted by Kyle 4x4 4life
Ok so i get a text this afternoon from the guy saying "Something came up and i cant make it"...so i thought ok, something personal no big deal...then he says "Maybe we can work something out next week"...so i go on with the rest of my day..and about 10:30 tonight i get a text from him saying he sold it

Ok so im not mad at the guy for selling it by no means...i mean if you'd rather sell than trade thats no big deal...but be straight up and tell me "Hey i'd rather sell it and a guy is interested in buying it, so im going to wait and see if the deal goes through...and if not we'll work something out and meet up"...thats how i think the conversation should've went...and on top of that i took yesterday off work to take all of the stuff off my pickup...tool box, cb, antennas...and washed it front to back and underneath...then completly cleaned out the interior, rewired the speakers so no wires where showing(figured it'd look cleaner...never bothered me) and took all my junk outta the cab...a lot of work, time, and money lost on this stupid situation...but oh well, s**t happens i guess.

Oh that freakin' sucks!!!! But look at it this way, you now have a cleaner looking pickup Now would be the time to take pictures of it and put an ad for it if you still wanna trade or sell it. Just my 0,02$
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000,1990,1999

Originally Posted by Kyle 4x4 4life

Don't you hate that ****!!!! I've had that happen to me 2 or 3 times in the past couple months when I tried to buy some lockers. It's all good now because I got a d30 no-slip for 250 that's half new, and just got an aussie for c8.25 29spl new for 247.50 shipped.