Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Straight 6
Default Jeep frustrations...

why must i be stuck in the office on a nice day when i could be working on getting the jeep running?

why is it forcasting rain on friday/saturday/sunday.....the only days i can work on the jeep?

they say that if you look at webMD you will convince yourself you have a much worse disease than your symptoms suggest. Jeeps work the same way. my oil pressure/ coolant issue has ballooned from changing the oil, sending unit, and valve gasket into a cracked 0331 head and a busted engine. no bueno.

things would be easier if i had less time on the internet and more time actually working on it. but, more time working on it means less time in the office....making money to fix the jeep.

thats my tuesday morning rant
Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

You have vision problems, you just can't see yourself going into work today.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by irishexpat
why must i be stuck in the office on a nice day when i could be working on getting the jeep running?

why is it forcasting rain on friday/saturday/sunday.....the only days i can work on the jeep?

they say that if you look at webMD you will convince yourself you have a much worse disease than your symptoms suggest. Jeeps work the same way. my oil pressure/ coolant issue has ballooned from changing the oil, sending unit, and valve gasket into a cracked 0331 head and a busted engine. no bueno.

things would be easier if i had less time on the internet and more time actually working on it. but, more time working on it means less time in the office....making money to fix the jeep.

thats my tuesday morning rant
Damned if that 0331 head thing ain't true...comment even destress by driving the jeep because I'm worried I'll screw it up...
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Seasoned Member

im gonna try and salvage the day by going to the jeep stealership on lunch and buying the new sending unit....hopefully i can put it in during the 45 minutes of daylight i have after work.

assuming i get that put in...i would like to test drive it to see if that fixes my problem. however, last night i tried to replace the valve cover gasket and got beaten by sunset....when i was putting the bolts back in, one of them wont go back in....its on the drivers side about halfway back.

if i do put the sending unit in, would it be dangerous to drive it for 10-15 minutes to warm it up and see if i have the same oil pressure woes without that one bolt in?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

That one bolt has nothing to do with oil pressure, it only holds the valve cover down. You can run the engine with the valve cover off, and it won't do anything to the oil pressure until all of the oil splashes out and there is none in the sump.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Seasoned Member

ty

i know some of the questions i ask are pretty obvious, but since my mechanical experience only goes back a month.....id rather ask and look stupid
Old 03-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Seasoned Member

got the sending unit over lunch....then bought these:

Amazon.com: StrongArm 4291  Jeep Cherokee Liftgate Lift Support 1997-01, (Pack of 1): Automotive Amazon.com: StrongArm 4291 Jeep Cherokee Liftgate Lift Support 1997-01, (Pack of 1): Automotive

cause i needed somethign to distract me from the fears of a cracked head.

tonight im gonna take another crack at that valve cover and try at least get it off so i can get a look.