Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior water leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Interior water leak

I have a 2001 Cherokee Sport and there's an interior water leak from the passenger side air handling unit when it rains. I removed the windshield wiper cowl and poured water on the passenger side under the cowl cover and that caused more water to come in. I also disassembled some of the dash board and the windshield seal is nice and dry. The drain on the air unit doesn't seem to be plugged as I am getting condensed water drainage when the AC is on in humid weather, but then again it may be that is a lot less flow than what occurs during a rain event. Any one have any thoughts?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by dorrminator
I have a 2001 Cherokee Sport and there's an interior water leak from the passenger side air handling unit when it rains. I removed the windshield wiper cowl and poured water on the passenger side under the cowl cover and that caused more water to come in. I also disassembled some of the dash board and the windshield seal is nice and dry. The drain on the air unit doesn't seem to be plugged as I am getting condensed water drainage when the AC is on in humid weather, but then again it may be that is a lot less flow than what occurs during a rain event. Any one have any thoughts?
There is a known problem under the windshield wiper cowl. I can't quite remember if its a seal or gasket but something in there gets old and allows water in. Some people cut a square on the passenger side and seal the problem or make a "dam" on the driver side. Check it out on Google shoukd be found easily
Old 08-18-2016, 01:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sure its not from the door or door window seal or even up higher like the luggage rack?