Info on ballistic fab

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L 6 CYL
Default Info on ballistic fab

Here is what i got today on my e-mail thought i would share in case someone has an order they are waiting on.
January 24, 2012
Re-organization of Ballistic Fabrication

For Immediate Release:

Ballistic Fabrication is best known for its outstanding off-road product line and high quality in-house manufacturing capabilities. Ballistic has faced many adversities over the past few years related to inventory, product delivery and customer service. It is well known in the industry that while Ballistic Fabrication continues to supply large amounts of high quality parts worldwide, the aforementioned deficiencies have created longer than usual lead times in shipping and product delivery. These problems have been attributed in part to extremely rapid company growth which in turn led to inventory control issues.

Ballistic Fabrication has partnered with an investor to bring additional financial stability to the company. In an effort to better serve its customers, Ballistic has invested in a state-of-the-art inventory / shop management system. Ballistic will now be able to effectively manage production and inventory of every specific part in their catalog of thousands of part numbers. This information in turn will be reported live to Ballistics customers via the website. Ballistic hopes that this new system alleviates future confusion and issues related to potential backorders. In addition to these improvements, Ballistic now stocks a complete inventory of raw materials on hand. Ballistic hopes that this will alleviate backorders due to raw material supply shortages. Ballistic Fabrication has also found it necessary to restructure specific key personnel in the management and accounting team.
In addition to these changes, Ballistic has filed for Ch11 reorganization in order to restructure its financial obligations. Ballistic Fabrications lawyer stated the following -
“The past few years presented significant economic challenges to Ballistic Fabrication, LLC. Material costs, shipping costs, and the overall economic downturn are only a few factors that played a role in Ballistics decision to file a petition for bankruptcy relief. Contrary to any rumors circulating, Ballistic will not be shutting its doors. Ballistic will be continuing operations while reorganizing its debts and obligations. This process will not affect Ballistics’ ability to produce quality products and to service its customers. Ballistic and all of its dedicated employees are confident that they will emerge a stronger company.”
Ballistic Fabrication would like to thank its many loyal customers for years of support and looks forward to the opportunity to regain its customers trust and becoming the standard of excellence in the off-road industry.
-Ballistic Fabrication Management

Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ballistic has burned so many bridges its ridiculous. They have been kicked off pirate4x4 and having issues on many other site. Ballistic is horrible and take months for receive product and even longer to issue a refund. I would stay as far away from them as humanly possible.

There are other reliable vendors out there that wont screw you like ballistic.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0L 6 CYL

Originally Posted by xjbeadlocks
Ballistic has burned so many bridges its ridiculous. They have been kicked off pirate4x4 and having issues on many other site. Ballistic is horrible and take months for receive product and even longer to issue a refund. I would stay as far away from them as humanly possible.

There are other reliable vendors out there that wont screw you like ballistic.
Yea i know i used to work there a couple years ago and there were problems then. Hence the job change. I have found a few others to get my stuff from.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

They have had lots of problems and were banned from here too I think but they weren't bad with little stuff like tabs and things but more complicated things is where the problems were. I have ordered a bunch of tabs with quick delivery
Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: l6 4.0

I've bought some stuff there and they were great