If you won the Lottery??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default If you won the Lottery??

If you won the lottery would you keep your XJ? Buy a nicer one? Or just build your dream XJ?

I would keep my XJ Or find one that was in a little bit better shape but still stock so i could build it myself!

What would you guys do?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994(mostly)
Engine: 4.0L I6

i dont have enough time to type everything but ill say this

dd
crawler
one with 54" or much bigger tractor tires
general wheeler/cheromanche
Old 09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

if i won my xj now would be turned into a nasty crawler four linked front and rear danna 44 full widths on 37's exo caged

then i would find another stocker still 4x4 as a DD toss a budget booster lift with 31 inch a/t's
Old 09-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Year: 1999

Keep my XJ build it to my dreams of course. I got a full list of things i would/want to do
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994(mostly)

also i would buy 1000 acres and make my dream wheelin course with everything i could imagine
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Year: 2001

I would build one sick crawler and one sick DD. DD would be decked out in leather, wood grain, built in Navi. It would be like cadilac built a jeep. Crawler would be the complete oposite but still obvious quality.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Year: 1999

Originally Posted by coyote1
also i would buy 1000 acres and make my dream wheelin course with everything i could imagine
ohh i would do this too
Old 09-26-2010, 11:06 PM

Year: 1989

Originally Posted by coyote1
x3

I would definitely build a new XJ of my dreams...have always loved they way they look lifted but I would find the nicest one with the lowest miles I could. I think at that point I would use thinks like detours tailbone and backbone to keep it looking clean and stock and and 6.5" of long arm lift and some 35's, lockers of course and that is really about it.....nothing that a ton of people on here don't already have.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i won the lottery, sorry XJ but you're getting neglected for a while. First thing id do is buy me about 100 acres of land and build me a house and a huge garage right in the middle of it.. Then, id tinker with the XJ..
Old 09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Coleworx Buggy that's all I got to say.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1997
Default Its long, but completely thought out.

I can't sleep and because I thrashed my ankle can't do much other than sit on the couch and mess around on the computer or watch tv,this is something I think about on a daily basis when I get a few minutes free time, over the last who knows how long, I have made a pretty solid basis of what I would do entirely, here goes...

Buy 100+ Acres
Give 2 of my friends 5 acres a piece to build on, however they are unable to sell the land, it is theres as long as they choose to be there.
Give my mother, father, sister, and brother 5 acres each also with the same contingencies. Build simple homes very similar to my own on each bit of land.
Fence in the entire property
Build a simple house, 4-5 Bedroom with wrap around porch...
Build a shop, 150x150, 3 lifts, setup for air tools, hand tools, massive compressor, air lines ran through the roof hanging down wherever they may be needed, etc... shop would have an upstairs room in the corner, kitchen, bathroom w/ shower, kegerator, couch or two and a big screen tv for when I felt like avoiding the family.

General property layout
Its a MSpaint doodle/layout

http://img706.imageshack.us/f/lotterywin.jpg/

Would donate my XJ to URE Forest Service for whatever purpose they see fit.
Would buy 2 stock rust free xj's, gut them completely, axles, engine/trans/tcase, interior, all wiring, everything.
Take them to a shop, because if I won the lottery they are getting done right the first time, then if and when they break afterwards I will do what I can.

XJ #1 Trail/Rockcrawler
All Black w/ Orange cage
Steering 60's front and rear, 35 splines, chromos, coilovers, 44's, 5.13 gears, arb lockers, full hydro steering, built ls2/400 combo with a 4:1 203/205 doubler to take the beating and keep on trucking, full hybrid exo/interior cage, harnesses, fully reinforced unibody that some engineer designed to prevent it from crumbling. All new electrical system, guages, onboard air, built in box in the rear to carry all my tools, Front/Rear Warn 9.0RC winches, still setup to ride 4 people however it can be done... Want to keep the XJ look, but have an absolute monster, probably left out a few things...

XJ # 2 DD/Camping rig
Blue w/ single black racing stripe
4.7 stroker, nv4500, d300, 9 rear, 44 front (factory width) 4.10 gears, chromos, 6 inch custom long arm lift, 33x12.50x15 tsl radials on 15x8 rockcrawler wheels. Warn Powerplant winch.
For long trips will tow a m105 modified into a pop up, the same tires, painted to match the jeep.

2010 Cummins 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Dually 6 speed manual (Tow*****)
Fully Loaded, Black Leather/ Black Exterior

36 ft. Gooseneck Triaxle double car trailer

2011 Corvette ZR1 3ZR 6 speed manual
Black w/ Black Competition wheels, 20" rear, 19" fronts
Lingenfelter System Upgrade

Not going to lie, I would probably buy a few classic cars, but would be complicated to list so I just boosted the amount of spent funds...

At this point, I figure I have spent around 10-15 Million dollars, between whatever other things, between landscaping equipment and construction equipment for trail maintenance etc... plus furnishing the houses and shops.

Assuming I won the powerball, lets say 200 Million, after taxes I would get 70-100 million (Hard to say the way the government is getting)
So I figure I have atleast 50 million left, keep around 5 million liquid, invest the rest in a high payout CD, 5 year CD minimum initial investment of 100k, I invest 45 million with a 2.69 Annual % yeild, would provide me with an income of 1.2 million a year solely based off interest from the other money, after taxes on that interest probably 600k a year, without doing anything, assume my property taxes are about another 250k, so I have 350k a year that I am able to spend freely without tapping into the reserve funds. Figure another 75k a year for utilities for the property so knock that down to 275k, then take 150k more a year off because Ill have to pay some high dollar accountant to handle the money things I would confuse myself with.
Friends/Siblings would have to support their own lifestyle, housing would be provided aswell as full access to shop/trails etc...
Would probably start a business and hire the friends/family members something like Galloways 4x4 (Local to NC), except having trail access on site for when we held events, that could more than likely cover any annual expenses for the family/friends assuming I can match Galloways sales/service etc... Maybe add lifts to accomodate for this into the shop, or perhaps make a seperate shop for the business. List goes on, if you have that kind of money your options are endless as long as your not careless.
--------------------------------------------

Can't believe I just spent an hour on that... But oh well, beats the hell out of watching the TV on this time of night.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 AM

Go to sleep Eric. How long you been holding all that in?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1997

Lol, I think thats probably a combined amount of information from the last 5 years... As for bed, yeah I was asleep earlier, slept like 3 hours and woke up, so I figure **** it, saw that and decided to check it out and kill some time.

Your up too though, but yeah, I have the lottery scenario all planned out.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 AM

I have insomnia. Damn Navy. Never been right since
Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xjmarc
Coleworx Buggy that's all I got to say.
Thats what im talkin' bout.. i been watching some of theirs and tim camerons videos here lately. having one of them would be fun..

Quick Reply: If you won the Lottery??