how long is too long to wait ?

Old 01-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl.
Default how long is too long to wait ?

a little vent here, ordered a custom built rear bumper from a reputable builder, paid the money & was told 4-5 weeks . im now at 11 weeks of the wait , have had 2 emails w/ them about it & hear the same im busy, im backed up, im gonna get right on it story. i really want the product but this getting silly, tempted to just cancel the order & ask for a refund. thing is a friend got a nice bumper from them a year ago, got his in 3 weeks. what say ya'll ? wait some more or give up & move on.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:35 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Common issue with small fab shops. Kinda hard to give advice here, they are small, and are probably overwhelmed, but twice the time they quoted you is starting to get ridiculous. You paid in full, up-front? If so, contact them, tell them either get it to you, or cancel the order. If they want your business, they'll make it happen. If not, get your cash back and go elsewhere. Or just wait it out, if you feel their work is worth it. My .02
Old 01-12-2015, 09:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

X2^^^^ Patience only lasts so long. I have much more patience if the guy communicates with me then if not but still... You paid money for a product and no ones likes waiting twice as long as expected to get their items. You could ordered from almost anywhere else and had them by now.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Contact them again and tell them either you have your bumper in 10 days max or on the 11th your calling your credit card company and stopping payment for fraud. That will get their attention because then they will not be able to take CC any longer.

Then start posting anywhere they have an ad posted about your experience with them. Be sure to tell them this when you talk to them and say how bad you hate to do all this but your tired of waiting.

This may or may not get results but if not resolved to your liking follow through with the plan.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 174 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
Contact them again and tell them either you have your bumper in 10 days max or on the 11th your calling your credit card company and stopping payment for fraud. That will get their attention because then they will not be able to take CC any longer. Then start posting anywhere they have an ad posted about your experience with them. Be sure to tell them this when you talk to them and say how bad you hate to do all this but your tired of waiting. This may or may not get results but if not resolved to your liking follow through with the plan.
X2. Unfortunately I've found the only way to get somewhere in the business world is to grab the other person by their junk and squeeze a bit. You need to communicate your willingness to put his business on the line.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 98
Engine: 6 cyl.

update..... so monday send a email ..i say send me the bumper within a week or send me a refund, thank you.
tuesday.... they say.. its being built as i type, takes a few days to complete, package & get shipped ....
i think , well you've only had 80 days to do this, thank you.
should arrive next week , we will see ..wish me luck.