Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

GotEngines.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GotEngines.com

How many of you out there has been screwed by this company? I just did. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use this company or one of it's many affiliates. Their warranty is crap, their product is crap and their customer service is no where to be found. This so called company goes by many names. Make sure who you are dealing with. If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6cyl

How did they screw you over?
Old 07-30-2016, 02:57 PM

Default Got Engines .com

I told my neighbor that I saw their ad in JP Magazine. Look like a great deal on a 4.0 for his cherokee. The engine should up straight from a junk yard, greasy, with a huge dent in the oil pan. He installed it and it smoked so bad after 2 hours of running you could tell it was junk. He called and got a replacement 4.0 that looked a little better but before he had a chance to install it they informed him it was his one time warranty issue and now his contract is null and void. So he has one POS in his jeep, one on the stand that who knows if it works or not and after losing dozens of man hours not to mention the 1300 dollars the company says screw you you are on your own. No warranty. Well i am telling anyone who will listen about this. Contacted JP and no response. I will never refer anything to anyone that comes out of JP Magazine. He's pissed, I feel like a douche and there is nothing I can do about it.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by ghosburgh
I told my neighbor that I saw their ad in JP Magazine. Look like a great deal on a 4.0 for his cherokee. The engine should up straight from a junk yard, greasy, with a huge dent in the oil pan. He installed it and it smoked so bad after 2 hours of running you could tell it was junk. He called and got a replacement 4.0 that looked a little better but before he had a chance to install it they informed him it was his one time warranty issue and now his contract is null and void. So he has one POS in his jeep, one on the stand that who knows if it works or not and after losing dozens of man hours not to mention the 1300 dollars the company says screw you you are on your own. No warranty. Well i am telling anyone who will listen about this. Contacted JP and no response. I will never refer anything to anyone that comes out of JP Magazine. He's pissed, I feel like a douche and there is nothing I can do about it.
Well it is reasonable they got the motors from jeeps that didn't run. Where else would they get them? Did their listings say they were good motors and ready to go? Why are you mad at the magazine haha? This site paid for additional space so they showed up in the magazine. Not the magazine fault
Old 07-30-2016, 04:51 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Sorry, man, but this made me LOL...

You recommended a business to a friend, through a magazine, without knowing anything about them? And now it's the magazine's fault?

Sorry, but bottom line here is you screwed up, your buddy screwed up by listening to you, and I'll bet dollars to donuts, you would have had a better shot on CL or your local JY. I'm also willing to bet if you did a little research on the company in question, they were probably very up front with what they sell. JY motors. You DO get what you pay for. First red flag should have been low price.

Suck it up, buttercup.

EDIT: I take that last part back...you paid $1300? To them, or in total?

If you paid it to them, you are a special kind of something...

Last edited by Rogue4x4; 07-30-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:12 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Just to add...a quick trip to their site, and some READING I dug this up, and fairly quickly.

http://www.gotengines.com/warranty.html

After reading that, I would NEVER do business with them.

There is basically zero protection for the end user.

I particularly like the part that all oil changes must be done by a professional facility. They know they're selling to DIY'ers...they have so many loopholes it isn't even funny.

Willing to bet neither you nor your brochacho read that at all.

Do your due diligence, folks.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee

GotEngines if full of interesting observations about the XJ, written in pigeon English..

"Jeep Cherokee – Its advantages"

"If we discuss for its engine it has 2.9 liter of engine which provides jeep Cherokee even more push than any other vehicle and can also runs over any hard surface. Astoundingly the huge majority of competitors, the jeep are excellent on road which gives its own worth. If it runs on the road it gives its own standard and driver loves to run it then any of other huge vehicles such as Chelsea tractor brigade or something else. This jeep can also runs over the muddy surfaces with out causing any problem to any of driver.

Despite of somewhere you'd impel the Cherokee, Jeep have ended tread to deter the environmentalists that deplore the pollution. These 'gas guzzlers' churn out into atmosphere. The Cherokee even though having a superior diesel engine utilizes less fuel and significantly has hugely compact CO2 secretion as compared to its previous model.
In time where scheme flourish liberally, it's uplifting that a 4 x 4 approaches all along to facilitate what exactly this must work for, by leaving rancid the compressed path. The Jeep Cherokee - burn and mirrors are not an alternative.

The main advantage you can get from this huge vehicle is that you can opt for this vehicle in long journey as its ride is so comfortable and you can have a pleasant rest on it so as to have proper benefits of the jeep. You can also adjust with its price value as it can easily fit your budget.

So, what are you waiting for? Call GotEngines.com today to speak to our friendly customer service department and find the used Jeep Cherokee engine you need. If you can, have the VIN number available so we can find the exact Jeep Cherokee engine you need. Contact us today and get the Jeep Cherokee engine you want, at a price that will surprise you." http://www.gotengines.com/jeep/jeep-...e-engines.html
Old 07-30-2016, 11:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

How many of you out there has been screwed by this company? I just did.
Originally Posted by JakeTRS
How did they screw you over?
I told my neighbor that I saw their ad in JP Magazine. He's pissed, I feel like a douche and there is nothing I can do about it.
If I may interject;
Gotengines.com didn't screw you over, you screwed your neighbor over.
now, carry on...
Old 07-31-2016, 02:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

For 1300 bucks you think they would send you a new or rebuilt engine ?I have spent close to that having cylinder heads rebuilt at a local machine shop.I never spend more money online then i care to flush unless i do my homework on the company to make sure they are not scamers.After reading their website alone i would have skipped them.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:43 AM

Year: 1997

$1300.....probably half of the money was spend on shipping.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:59 PM

Well I guess all you experts that have never made a mistake are right. My fualt. I should have vetted the business, thought that he might also. It still does not make it right.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999

Well I guess all you experts that have never made a mistake are right. My fualt. I should have vetted the business, thought that he might also. It still does not make it right.
OK yeah but this mistake could have been EASILY avoided with just a small amount of research. But why is it not right? They did business just like their website says. You agreed to it. They even sent you another motor you said right? And then you want to blame job magazine and even tried calling them about it. Why?
Old 07-31-2016, 11:01 PM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990

No sympathy here.

Why do all these type of threads end this way?

Simple. People doing minimal research, recommending to friends, and then whining when it doesn't pan out. Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boohoo.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1997

I wonder why this logic hasn't been applied to the lift kits thread ... ?
Old 08-01-2016, 02:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Always read the fine print,Today a lot of things can screw you badly and the fine print will say they can and laugh in your face.Don't get my wrong there are some good companies left but a lot of these internet ones are just out to do you dirty to make a quick buck.

Quick Reply: GotEngines.com