Got into an accident the other night

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Got into an accident the other night

I was coming home from work around 9:30pm last Sunday and was sitting at a stoplight with two cars in front of me (my brother was in his car in the left turn lane watching the whole thing). The light turns green, we all start driving normally. The first car at the light decided it would be a great idea to stop in the middle of the intersection. No problem, I dont tailgate people and believe it or not it's not quickest vehicle I've ever had so I had plenty of time to stop, as well as the person in front of me. I start honking my horn (I just got off work and just want to get home to sleep, working 7 days a week sucks) and the guy in front of me is honking as well. He was a little more impatient than I was..... I see his reverse lights come on, I throw it in reverse (5 speed) and before I can check to see if there is someone behind me I see him let off the brakes. I think to myself, "Is this jacka$$ really going to back into the front of my Jeep?" I've been waiting for this to happen ever since I got it a little over two years ago. It's been a fantasy of mine to see what would actually happen to the other car in this situation, but every scenario I could think of would put me at fault, so it's been a mystery..... until now. If he would have looked in his rear view mirror, it would have looked a little something like this.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1311749316

My Jeep never moved an inch. I saw his stupid plastic van bumper crush like an aluminum can being run over by the almighty Cherokee. I immediately started laughing hysterically. He gets out of his van (I never even opened my door) and looks at his "bumper" and at my front bumper, then comes up to the window and asks "is your car alright?". I couldnt help but smile when I told him I was more than certain that it was fine (while still sitting cool-like in my Jeep) . He then proceeds to say (I'm not making this up, this is exactly what seriously happened) "I didnt even see you there!". WHAT?? It's a frickin 95 Cherokee with a 3" lift, 33" tires, and it's FIRE-FRICKIN-ENGINE RED! Maybe he was having a more stressful day than I was, but man did it just get worse. We didnt call the cops and he hopped back into his van. He pulled away and I can see an almost perfect imprint of the two brush guards in his bumper and rear hatch. I looked at my bumper when I got home and assessed the damage. By "assessed" I actually mean brush off the plastic scrapings from his Japanese minivan. It didnt even scratch through the $3 flat black paint job on my bumper from the beginning of the summer. Go rustoleum!! Sorry if you read this thread expecting to see a mangled, rolled, t-boned cherokee....... but I'm sure this is much better to hear hahahaha. I laughed so hard the rest of the way home I was crying. Needless to say, I love my cherokee about 10000000x more after that. I would have had a heart attack if he backed into the front of my garage queen Camaro. Go Jeep!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1989

Nice work! Lol

My iPhone can post where it wants, when it wants!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993

Funny story man! I'm glad you didn't have to repaint cuz that would have been a hassle!! Lol
Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

LOL that is great! Sometimes I hope that the same would happen with my brush guard on my Cherokee - definitely not as sturdy, though :/

Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001
Engine: I-6 4.0 L

I got one too! It's kinda like yours. I was in the Starbucks parking lot and it's rather small in a plaza type deal. I'm waiting for one of my friends to back out, and I'm off to the side. (For those of use who still have them, know our corner pieces are made of plastic). Anyways, all of the sudden the Jeep lurches forward and it never even crossed my mind that I was hit. When I saw her pull back in in her new Acura POS SUV, it hit me. I got out and looked at the damage, only to see that the back left corner trim on the very corner of that was popped in. Her car, had a big 'ol crease in her plastic bumper to about the top of her tail gate. My dad is a LEO so I instantly called him. He left is meeting and came to the starbucks. Between then and the time he got there, the plastic piece had popped it self back out (which means no damage). In the end, her husband was a body shop guy and we didn't do anything.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 4.0 inline 6 cyl.

I wouldn't have let him go before taking pictures. Not for insurance, but for posting!!

I drive a semi, and I've had lots of people tell me that "they didn't see me"

Really?? It's only got two trailers behind it, it's right at 80 feet long and 13 feet tall, and it's bright WHITE with about 200 bright LED lights all over it. You didn't see it? Morons.

The reason he didn't see your Jeep is that he didn't look. I see people do it all the time. Start vehicle. Put the gear lever thingy's pointer next to the "R". Push the long skinny pedal and back up. Look only if you hear a crunching noise. Then act all surprised you tore up somebody's ride and say something totally brain dead like, "Oh my gosh!! Where did you come from? I didn't even see you!"

Yeah, well, you gotta peel you eyes off of facebook mobile for two seconds and look outside before you move the ton and a half of steel.

It must be my bed time. I'm definitely ranting.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Paddletrucker
I wouldn't have let him go before taking pictures. Not for insurance, but for posting!!

I drive a semi, and I've had lots of people tell me that "they didn't see me"

Really?? It's only got two trailers behind it, it's right at 80 feet long and 13 feet tall, and it's bright WHITE with about 200 bright LED lights all over it. You didn't see it? Morons.

The reason he didn't see your Jeep is that he didn't look. I see people do it all the time. Start vehicle. Put the gear lever thingy's pointer next to the "R". Push the long skinny pedal and back up. Look only if you hear a crunching noise. Then act all surprised you tore up somebody's ride and say something totally brain dead like, "Oh my gosh!! Where did you come from? I didn't even see you!"

Yeah, well, you gotta peel you eyes off of facebook mobile for two seconds and look outside before you move the ton and a half of steel.

It must be my bed time. I'm definitely ranting.

In our case it's not Facebook mobile. It's CherokeeForum Mobile...
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 AM

Engine: 4.0 inline 6 cyl.

Originally Posted by cf1k1
In our case it's not Facebook mobile. It's CherokeeForum Mobile...

Nah, Cherokee Forum Mobile users LOOK before they back up. Might only be to aim at a mud hole or a rock pile, but they LOOK before they back up, even while reading and posting on Cherokee Forum Mobile!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Paddletrucker
Nah, Cherokee Forum Mobile users LOOK before they back up. Might only be to aim at a mud hole or a rock pile, but they LOOK before they back up, even while reading and posting on Cherokee Forum Mobile!!!
Hmmm... we use the reflection of our smart phones to back up.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Resident Zombie Hunter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by cf1k1
Hmmm... we use the reflection of our smart phones to back up.
Or to help our stock headlights!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L I6 MPI

Originally Posted by Red82

Or to help our stock headlights!
Ahahaha love the quote u quoted.

transmitted to Cherokee Forum using my ChIcKeN ClAwS ?