another stupid lift question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default another stupid lift question......

all right, so i already know i want a 4.5" short arm w/ 31x10.5x15 setup, and i had my heart set on rough country's for a LONG time, but i was just on Rusty's and saw that they sell a kit with wheels and tires. i know rough country is good but i dont hear too often bout rusty's and was wondering if their stuff is any good and if its better to get rusty's lift combo, and RC winch, control arm drop kit, shackle relocators and shackles, and 1.5" coil spacer. or should i say screw it and just get everything from RC. any input appreciated

Thanks, Kyle
Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jeepjunky
all right, so i already know i want a 4.5" short arm w/ 31x10.5x15 setup, and i had my heart set on rough country's for a LONG time, but i was just on Rusty's and saw that they sell a kit with wheels and tires. i know rough country is good but i dont hear too often bout rusty's and was wondering if their stuff is any good and if its better to get rusty's lift combo, and RC winch, control arm drop kit, shackle relocators and shackles, and 1.5" coil spacer. or should i say screw it and just get everything from RC. any input appreciated

Thanks, Kyle
They are both pretty good either way , do which ever either way its a win/win My Opinion
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by PurpleKrawler
They are both pretty good either way , do which ever either way its a win/win My Opinion
X2, both are great companies. I do like how Rustys offers the wheel/tire/lift combo though.

And why not get long arms if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: Runs

Contact both companies about their products. Ask for a package deals. Some companies would package things together for a better price or help you out on shipping. What could they say no. Also shop each part as you would if you were purchasing them separately from each company. You may find that one company may have the same type of product for a better price than the other. Could save you some money in the long run and also help make some decisions for you. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

They are both budget-minded companies, but if those are the only options, I'd choose Rusty's. My bro-in-law's 3.5" lift from Rustys rode really well, plus he towed a pretty heavy trailer for his lawn business and the rear leaves never sagged. It's been a while since I looked at RC lifts for an XJ, but I really don't like them for the WJ. Everything is adapter for this and extension for that and bracket for the other thing. Of course lifting the WJ is apples/oranges compared to lifting the XJ, but I just don't like that mindset. I've always read about the RC riding stiff as well.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L I6 MPI

Originally Posted by Jeepjunky

Thanks, Kyle
Why so much lift for such small tires? I have the same sized tires and I only gave a 3.5.

transmitted to Cherokee Forum using my Telekinetic abilities!!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Engine: Golen 4.0 straight six

I would go with rough country and contact Jason in the vendor section he will give you a 10% discount. Everyone seemes to either love Rusty's or hate them and there shipping is crazy expensive.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: I6 4.0L

Originally Posted by OOdynamite
X2, both are great companies. I do like how Rustys offers the wheel/tire/lift combo though.

And why not get long arms if you don't mind me asking?
i dont want to go with long arms cuz it would be nice, but i wouldnt need it, we can only go mudding up here, not to many places with rocks.
and second, its cheaper
Originally Posted by hal93
Why so much lift for such small tires? I have the same sized tires and I only gave a 3.5.

transmitted to Cherokee Forum using my Telekinetic abilities!!
simple. bigger tires=more $ besides, its mainly a DD