Another DAPO moment...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I-6
Default Another DAPO moment...

So i've had this rattle in my dome light since i bought my jeep about 2 years ago. (Yes im lazy....) Sometimes it rattles worse than others, but it's was getting pretty bad lately. I decided it was time to figure this out. I started taking the light apart & when I finally was able to remove this pesky little noise, I found that it was the tab off of a soda can!!!!!!!!! WTH?!?!?!?

Seriously, how the hell did it get there? I bought the jeep used from a chrysler dealer and my only thought is that someone thought it would be funny... UGH!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by BigVaz
So i've had this rattle in my dome light since i bought my jeep about 2 years ago. (Yes im lazy....) Sometimes it rattles worse than others, but it's was getting pretty bad lately. I decided it was time to figure this out. I started taking the light apart & when I finally was able to remove this pesky little noise, I found that it was the tab off of a soda can!!!!!!!!! WTH?!?!?!?

Seriously, how the hell did it get there? I bought the jeep used from a chrysler dealer and my only thought is that someone thought it would be funny... UGH!!!
If they did, they were right...that is pretty funny . All this procrastination leading to such a simple fix. Not that I would have done any differently. I probably would have gone another year or two before doing anything. I had a dead door speaker when I got my Jeep in 2006 and just rewired and fixed it last month. Laziness rules.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Originally Posted by FloydXJ
If they did, they were right...that is pretty funny . All this procrastination leading to such a simple fix. Not that I would have done any differently. I probably would have gone another year or two before doing anything. I had a dead door speaker when I got my Jeep in 2006 and just rewired and fixed it last month. Laziness rules.
Haha, thats funny because both of my front speakers were dead when I bought mine & they're still dead... It's on my "to do" list in the coming few weeks...