Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

6 million dollar cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 6 million dollar cherokee

We can rebuild it, we have the technology...

So I crashed my beautiful chilli pepper red classic Cherokee into the side of a vw that pulled right out in front of me, then a stop sign, then a telephone pole. No one was hurt.

Now I am trying to rebuild my life, unknown what I will get from the insurance companies. I was marked as not at fault though.

So, in the mean time, I have picked up a 1998 chili pepper red limited Cherokee. The idea being I get the wreck back and get all the parts from it. My new limited does have the 242 and trac-loc lsd in it though . Oh and cruise control! I fixed the power locks, rear wiper, window lockout button, and put new headlights in it yesterday. It also got a new exhaust to pass inspection, and an alignment and oil change.

I have gotten to the point where I can't fix anything else on it without parts, but I don't have the old jeep yet!

I hate the tires on this limited. They are so loud. The right front gets a terrible vibration when you hit 60. Looks like that wheel might be missing a weight, but I don't know if one weight would cause that?

I will get some pics for this thread soon.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:35 AM

Old 12-13-2015, 06:45 AM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0

Wow, amazing no one was hurt. I hate seeing these totalled Jeep threads. Glad to hear you are sticking with a Jeep. Hopefully insurance will take care of you.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:38 PM

Year: 1997

That sucks out loud, at least you have another and with the new one you can do/not do things that you did on your old one that you always wanted to do/not do.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by aflemke
Wow, amazing no one was hurt. I hate seeing these totalled Jeep threads. Glad to hear you are sticking with a Jeep. Hopefully insurance will take care of you.
What do you guys think would be a reasonable offer? I have more in receipts in the past 2 years than they offered me all together. (Not including purchase price).I have more in the new one than they offered me also.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 190 Likes on 165 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

Originally Posted by 98redjeep
What do you guys think would be a reasonable offer? I have more in receipts in the past 2 years than they offered me all together. (Not including purchase price).I have more in the new one than they offered me also.
I'm not very good at figuring out what keeps are worth, but I know you never take the first offer. Make sure you show them everything that could make it look worth more. Maybe show them what it cost you to get something equal to replace it. Not sure what to do in that situation. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Insurance companies usually pay book value unless you purchased an agreed value policy.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 190 Likes on 165 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Insurance companies usually pay book value unless you purchased an agreed value policy.
but if it's the other persons fault I feel like he has more leverage, that's the way it sounds at least.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by SatiricalHen
but if it's the other persons fault I feel like he has more leverage, that's the way it sounds at least.
No fault state?

ETA:
OP should refer to the declarations page of the insurance policy in question.

Last edited by Turbo X_J; 12-14-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:16 AM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0 I6

I had a 96 classic destroyed by a drunk driver when parked. I only paid $1000 for it and got back $3000 and I didn't have it long enough to put any money into it, so I made out after buying it back and selling it for a parts jeep. But I remember the adjuster saying that the figure(3000) was based on what those trucks were selling for in my area in similar condition. It was funny too cause they gave me a breakdown of what added and took value away like the interior was shot so that was a negative but the fact that it had an aftermarket stereo with a USB and aux hookup added more value than the brand new tires that were on it.( which I took off before I sold it) but anyway glad your ok. Sorry about your jeep and good luck .
Old 01-14-2016, 02:50 PM

The eagle has landed...
Old 01-15-2016, 10:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It's worth what is shown in the book minus deducts only adds would be for 4x4 and auto trans......Unless you had a replacement cost rider for it and what ever extras you had receipts for like new engine/trans/transfer case etc. Then you may be ok with it.

I found long ago with cars of this age it does not pay to carry anything other than liability and if totaled just plan on removing all you have installed in extra parts. A lot cheaper in the long run and the adjusters asking about gears, lockers, SYE's and all the other things that mount up in cost quickly.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes just one wheel weight missing will cause a terrible vibration.