Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

JEEP WAVE

Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default JEEP WAVE

Heres something that I found while web wheelin on the "JEEP WAVE"

Jeepin' Wave Rules
These rules are an attempt to make it easier to facilitate the mandatory wave when coming in contact with another vehicle of the Jeep nature. Though there are several variations of the waving rules, the following were designed as an easy to remember guideline for when to wave and who should wave first.

Rule 1:
If you are a driver or passenger in a Jeep vehicle, and you come in contact with another occupied Jeep vehicle you should wave. If the vehicle is not occupied, the wave is optional.

Rule 2:
Be the first to wave. Don't wait, just wave.

Rule 3:
Be forgiving. Sometimes the occupants of the Jeep receiving the wave are not paying attention, distracted, or are paying attention to driving. We all know how you can get lost in the euphoria of driving a Jeep and forget about the outside world.

Rule 4:
Wave vigourously. When cruising at 55mph towards a vehicle going 55mph it is sometimes difficult to see the 'over the steering wheel' wave. Get that hand out and make it seen!

Rule 5:
When you are the recipient of a wave, return the wave.

Rule 6:
Sometimes Jeep owners forget they are not in their Jeep and wave by habit. When occupants of non-Jeep vehicles wave, returning the wave is optional, but usually a good idea.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Resident Pirate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001
Default so its not just my imagination???

when i first got my xj i noticed that a lot of people waved at me, mostly in other jeeps. i thought that i was just imagining things, but i guess not. i have gotten so used to waving that i do it no matter what im driving and i get some funny looks
Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992, 2- 1998 (All 3, 4 Doors)
Engine: 4.0L in all

I always thought it was a Wrangler thing cuz I've only seen the "Jeep Wave" with those in Wranglers, and usually only in summer here... I've NEVER gotten a wave from anyone in a Grand or XJ, even if I wave first...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee

a jeep is a jeep, I wave to all jeeps but I think it is a wrangler thing. - But we have come to the conclusion it is a "jeep" thing
Old 12-17-2008, 12:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 ltr

If the other person is driving a CJ7 or a pre 1986 Jeep they get a wave.. anything newer and it needs to be modified to receive a wave. Unless they wave first of course.

See too many college kids driving TJs.. and most Cherokees and Grands are used as commuters.. they tend not to care about the Jeep thing or even know of the Jeep wave.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Year: 1995

I've never got a Jeep wave while in my WJ or XJ. Only in my TJ. If I'm in my TJ and I see an XJ,ZJ,WJ or whatever, that looks like the driver uses it for a Jeep than I'll throw them a wave, but most of them ignore or look at me like "WTF?"

However, I often forget when I'm not in my TJ and wave to other "Jeeps" without thinking.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:44 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

i get the head nod from allot of wrangler guys but only got the wave by another muddy xj . i think they do the nod cause there not sure if i got the "jeep thing" or not its hard to tell around here
Old 12-18-2008, 02:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

I throw the "Peace Sign" up to any other lifted and/or muddy Jeep vehicle. I have found I always get it returned from other XJs, WJs, ZJs and usually from Wranglers. There are those Wrangler guys who just look at me like WTF? I guess there are a few A$$holes in every bunch who think Wranglers are the only real Jeeps. For the most part, it is a Jeep thing and most people return a thrown Peace Sign from a guy in mud covered lifted XJ.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came from A wrangler and now in a xj so I guess It just followed me I wave at them all if they wave back fine if not thats fine also.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:54 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

Yeah, pretty much my feelings, too. I used to get pi$$ed but, I figured instead of dwelling on the few who don't wave, I'll just be happy with the majority who do.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 PM

Year: 1998

WTF is the point with the wave thing anyway, I never initiated waving at any other jeep, Id wave back out of courtesy but most of the XJ, ZJ WJ are commuters who are afraid of dirt parking lots and most of the TJ's are spoiled high school kids and I really dont care to be around those guys driving. I guess I have a different attitude about it since one of the first waves I missed the dude turned around and followed me to the gas station. Sorry pal I was switching stations or something.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 i six H.O.

i think i only saw a couple of stock jeep people wave and the other couple people only waved because they had a built jeep too. and the rest, u look at them as they drive by and they are just starin straight ahead.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:23 AM
CF Veteran

Man Venom, can't believe the dude followed you to the gas station wanting a piece of you cuz you didn't wave....and I thought I had an anger issue.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 AM

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
Man Venom, can't believe the dude followed you to the gas station wanting a piece of you cuz you didn't wave....and I thought I had an anger issue.
Yea that was freakin retarded, it was some kid about 100lbs soakin wet with a hat cocked sideways and a fat chick in the passenger seat (no joke) so I guess that kinda ruined the wave thing for me from the git-go
Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 PM

Year: 98

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy3
I always thought it was a Wrangler thing cuz I've only seen the "Jeep Wave" with those in Wranglers, and usually only in summer here... I've NEVER gotten a wave from anyone in a Grand or XJ, even if I wave first...
Ive been given the finger wave a time or two in my Cherokee's. Well, in my wranglers too. haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JEEP WAVE