Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Switched from GM to Jeep GC. Suspension Help if you could?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Switched from GM to Jeep GC. Suspension Help if you could?

So today I bought a 96 GC Limited 5.2l. I have been lurking around here reading up on all the great knowledge from you guys. My GC has a 5 inch lift with new 32 11.50 BFG Muds. I am totally impressed with the power of the V8 and love how the quadratrac feels. I have ALWAYS been a chevy guy, (Still drive my classic airbaged hot rod trucks) but recently I have realized that there is so much bang for the buck in a GC compared to other mid sized SUV. Plus they can actually wheel.

So my 96 has a 3 inch pro comp with 2 inch spacers. Drives like a dream and clears the 32 easy. I wanted to ask you fellas what steering stabilizer you recommend and if you like the sway bar disconnects? I am not gonna do much Wheelin in it, but I will see some snow this winter. Also it seems to run very smooth. It has 180k on it, but the previous owner never had any major issues. Water pump and many other parts have been replaced over the last few years. So far no electrical issues or anything else. Anything I should be looking out for? I will post up some pics soon. Thanks in advance for your help.