Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Stock wheel caps

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Stock wheel caps

I have a 1999 jeep grand Cherokee with the stock aluminum wheels. Somebody was swell enough to pop the center caps and take them. Was wondering if any of you had some laying around that I could get from you. Thanks a bunch
Old 12-11-2016, 10:52 PM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I have only 1 left on my 2000 and it's plastic. I went looking for replacements and you can get them, but they're aluminum at $49 each! No,thank you very much! The problem with the plastic ones is they have to be punched out to put the wheel on a tire machine and aren't always put back in or put in loosely. The tabs wear out and they become loose. At a junk yard, the wheels are the first thing to disappear. I want one to replace my compact spare. IDK why, but my wheels on my jeep are 16x7s and my spare is a 17x4.5! It's stupid that they did that because a full size wheel and tire fits in the well.

I found a set that fit, but they say FORD on them! There ain't no way I'm putting Ford centers on my Jeep! If I was still working in the shop, I'd spin up some plain aluminum ones on a lathe.