Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Sponsorships

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2006
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v6
Default Sponsorships

As far as Grand Cherokees go, what should I do in order to get sponsored? Seeing as how I'm only 16, does that pretty much kill my chances even with a clean driving record? How much modification is necessary to be different enough from the rest of the crowd to show potential which could be turned into a mutually beneficial deal?

I own a white 06 Laredo 4x4. At the moment it's all stock other than the hitch I had installed, however I plan to order my rims as soon as I get back from vacation.

In addition to the rims I will be purchasing my brush guard in the near future.

Might this be enough, along with some talking to the guys down at the local 4wheelparts to get a small sponsorship? I would think putting their logo on the rear window of a very nice Jeep which I could then further modify with their help could drive in a good number of other customers, many from my high school of over 3000 students where I have a parking spot right at the entrance, prime location for advertisement. Not to mention I park at work right at one of the busiest intersections in town.

I'd be up for participating in any car shows or events required. I'd of course be fine with their ads on my car to some extent (so long as I don't end up looking like a moving piece of graffiti *cough NASCAR*.)

As far as later modifications I have been considering black LED projector headlights, smoked tail lights, a roof basket, and possibly a lift. All of which wouldn't cost more than $1500.

I'm here asking for your opinion, advice, and any suggestions you have offer so please let me know what you honestly think.

Thanks - GCL06

Last edited by GCL06; 07-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 482 Likes on 413 Posts
Year: 1986
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

Sponsorships are great. You get someone else to pay for your parts right. But the fact is that in order to get a sponsorship it takes more than a few bolt on parts. I used to have a lift kit business. The only time I gave anybody anything was when it benefitted me more than them. That is what you will have to do. Come up with something to benefit them more than you. good luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

i dont know much about sponsorships but i do know a kid at my school is sponsored he has a lifted ford f350 with some serious work done to it so i dont think age will be an issue
good luck
Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ
The only time I gave anybody anything was when it benefitted me more than them. That is what you will have to do. Come up with something to benefit them more than you. good luck.
The benefit on their side is an increase in customers from the extra advertisement. Its similar to having a billboard but better in that my Jeep would be an example of what the company can do for your car. I can't come up with any great arguements apart from "My car's out in the open where lots of traffic will pass by, including thousands of highschool guys with cars."

Thank you
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by GreyXJ
i dont know much about sponsorships but i do know a kid at my school is sponsored he has a lifted ford f350 with some serious work done to it so i dont think age will be an issue
good luck
Very good to hear, thank yas
Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 AM

I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you are dreaming!

Explain to yourself how this would benefit any company to put their name on your car.

Companies are in business to MAKE money, not spend it. It should only be spent in a quest to make more. It’s an expense to them. So, they need to know what it is they are buying for their sponsorship dollars.

And they all want the best deal! So they want you to look good! You need to have that Hollywood look and personality. You need to look good in person and on camera. You need to lead a life style that won’t embarrass the sponsor. You need to be a WINNER!

If you can convince them of this AND show where they are guaranteed to get a positive return on their investment in YOU, then you may have a shot. Other wise, they are just throwing hard earned money away.

And keep in mind, businesses get solicitations from all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons all the time. So you need to prepare a winning package when you walk into the CEO’s office with your hand out.

If you can’t do that, you are wasting your time and theirs. And in their world, time is money!

And if they do agree to sponsor you, they are going to want your time in return. And in many cases, your time would pay better if you used it to get a part time job.

So the financial return may be better if you use your car to deliver pizza and put that sponsorship flag on the antenna!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by drscope
I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you are dreaming!

Explain to yourself how this would benefit any company to put their name on your car.

Companies are in business to MAKE money, not spend it. It should only be spent in a quest to make more. It’s an expense to them. So, they need to know what it is they are buying for their sponsorship dollars.

And they all want the best deal! So they want you to look good! You need to have that Hollywood look and personality. You need to look good in person and on camera. You need to lead a life style that won’t embarrass the sponsor. You need to be a WINNER!

If you can convince them of this AND show where they are guaranteed to get a positive return on their investment in YOU, then you may have a shot. Other wise, they are just throwing hard earned money away.

And keep in mind, businesses get solicitations from all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons all the time. So you need to prepare a winning package when you walk into the CEO’s office with your hand out.

If you can’t do that, you are wasting your time and theirs. And in their world, time is money!

And if they do agree to sponsor you, they are going to want your time in return. And in many cases, your time would pay better if you used it to get a part time job.

So the financial return may be better if you use your car to deliver pizza and put that sponsorship flag on the antenna!
Very well said! Thank you for the advice.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Could I get two plain pizzas delivered under 30 minutes
Old 07-25-2009, 07:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6