Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Shifter and trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter and trans problem

I have a 2002 GC Laredo 6 cyl the trans seems to be in park and reverse at same time, Reverse is neutral , and from neutral to 1 is forward. I checked shift cable adj. and it is correct. This just happened after coming out of a store, before it worked just fine. It was just in at dealership for Transducer and solenoid replacement for code P1762 could this problem be related to dealer work? or something else. Don't know much about trans internals so I may be getting another huge bill from dealer or trans shop if there's no easy fix. Any help would be appreciated! I'm new to posting just read about other peoples probs but now am one of them lol.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkochsr
I have a 2002 GC Laredo 6 cyl the trans seems to be in park and reverse at same time, Reverse is neutral , and from neutral to 1 is forward. I checked shift cable adj. and it is correct. This just happened after coming out of a store, before it worked just fine. It was just in at dealership for Transducer and solenoid replacement for code P1762 could this problem be related to dealer work? or something else. Don't know much about trans internals so I may be getting another huge bill from dealer or trans shop if there's no easy fix. Any help would be appreciated! I'm new to posting just read about other peoples probs but now am one of them lol.
Really no help ?