Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Please help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please help !!!

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado 4.0,will only crank over for 1-2 seconds,will not idle,will not stay running. I did look thru all post and threads with people who have same problem. I have replaced the fuel pump.filter,fuel pump relay-fuse at motor, I tried to disconnect the alarm system at the driver side kick panel as someone suggested,cut the yellow and pink wire and grounded ,that did not work,Getting good pressure at fuel rail I know the previous owner had the driver side door replaced and I have one key that will open the passenger door and is used to start the jeep.this jeep has been starting and running fine the last 3 months,It has been down now for 5 weeks, Please if anyone has any suggestions I am willing to try about anything. Thank you to anyone who can add a suggestion.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

any check engine light?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1987 Comanche,1990
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Don't know much about GC, but post your problem in the GC tech section
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Sounds to me like a security system problem. My 97 ZJ did the same thing if I tried to start it with the system on. My horns were shot so except for a little blinking LED on top of the dash, I didn't know it was set, sometimes by accident by pinching the fob in my pocket. I fixed my horns, cured my problem.

The security system is so integrated with the rest of the electronics, It's hard to tell if you eliminated it. I would think the injectors are cutting out.