Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

No power to fuel pump 94 grand cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Angry No power to fuel pump 94 grand cherokee

My fuel pump on 94 grand cherokee has no power going to it. Issue doesnt happen all the time. When it does happen i have to unplugg fuel pump and leave it unplugged for several min and then it comes on and motor runs great. Fuel pump was replaced about 5 months ago. Cant find a proper schematic. Any suggestions on problem and schematic.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Former Sponsor

It sounds like you need a new fuel pump relay

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...zjpdc.png/sr=1
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 AM
kjc
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Laredo

Make sure relay is getting power from the pcm. If the power is there, test or replace the relay. This is the only schematic I could find.
Attached Thumbnails No power to fuel pump 94 grand cherokee-fuel_schematic.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Thank you for you for the help. I had checked all fuses and relays, even cleaned all grounds. Ended up finding the problem was in connector from main harness to fuel pump. Installed new pins and connector and it is now ginnin like a scalded ape! I'm having to learn a totally new wiring system as I am a Ford diesel man, but the cherokee is proving to be a freaky little wheeler. Experience is the best so i wiil continue to rely on you guys and this site! Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Please email me with the source where you bought the main fuel connector for your jeep ... Because I tried everywhere and I can't find it .. but I have the same problem that you mentioned before ... My email is. Xadekpl@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Trainmaster
Thank you for you for the help. I had checked all fuses and relays, even cleaned all grounds. Ended up finding the problem was in connector from main harness to fuel pump. Installed new pins and connector and it is now ginnin like a scalded ape! I'm having to learn a totally new wiring system as I am a Ford diesel man, but the cherokee is proving to be a freaky little wheeler. Experience is the best so i wiil continue to rely on you guys and this site! Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:44 AM

Hooked toggle switch up to pump it turns on now but it doesn't stop the primping noise after a few seconds like it should it jus keep going need help
Old 08-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Nard, the pump is controlled by the PCM thru a relay as told by above posts. With a toggle switch, it will run as long as the switch has power to it. You can leave your switch installed as long as you power it from a keyed power source.