Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

New Grand Cherokee Limited X Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default New Grand Cherokee Limited X Questions

Hi all,

New member and new to Jeep as well, was hoping to get some advice from you. Our lease on a CX-5 (yeah I know...) is ending and we want to step up to something both more powerful and also more spacious.
I test drove a 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited X HEMI (5.7 V8) and just loved the power and smooth ride. This is going to be our family car, hauling us and our two kids in car seats in the back. The dealership is giving me a really good offer, so I need to make a decision. I wanted to get some information/guidance/opinions from people who own this car and can share their experience about the day-to-day, specifically on these topics:

1. Safety: I could not find any ratings for crash scores and general safety (not technology packages) and was wondering if someone can educate me a little better.
2. Fuel efficiency: am I going to regret owning a V8 and not a V6 when it comes to $$$? Is the difference significant?
3. Any family haulers out here, is this a good car overall? (families know what it means to carry lots of stuff, kids and adults comfort etc).
4. Are those cars reliable mechanically? Any specific issues I should expect 2-3 years into driving one?

Thank you all in advance, could really use some pointers before putting down the cash on one.

Cheers,
Roy.