Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Few questions about Front End of my 01 Grand Cherokee limited Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Few questions about Front End of my 01 Grand Cherokee limited Please Help!!!!

Hello,
About a week ago my wife was driving our 01 Grand Cherokee Limited when the car suddenly overheated on her.

We've had this jeep for over a year now and took a few trips out of state and it never gave us any problems up until now.

When I got over to her I noticed the fan was not working so I had my mechanic friend take a look at the car. He told me that the front end had been previously hit and the former owner failed to tell me that. I never noticed but both headlights and front grill was mounted on using thin metallic wires.

Put a long story short, we noticed allot of things were cracked in front. We had to replace the fan relay switch which meant we had to remove the passenger headlight.

When we did that we noticed that the evap or vapor canister and/or the vacuum canister was broken which we are going to replace and that there is a skinny black rubber hose sucking in air hanging loose that we do not know where it belongs. We also found a round piece that looks like its supposed to be plugged into something. Could that be the evap or vacuum canister?

Can anyone tell me where this hose belongs connected to? I know its sucking in air for a reason.

Also, both headlights are hanging with wires, he mentioned I needed headlight reinforcements? He said the headlights come with a piece to screw on to the car but that the car also is missing a piece that screws on to the lights? Can anyone tell me that this so I can find it online? While searching online I found a piece called "Headlight Retainer" that takes the shape of the light. Is that what I need? I also found a piece called "headlight housing" made of metal, is this what I need? Any and all help is much appreciated! I just want to get my jeep in good order before our next family trip. many thanks!!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need pics.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Thanks. I will post some pics tomorrow.