Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

At a loss, please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default At a loss, please help!!!!!

My son has a 2004 GC Limited and have had problems with it sometimes not wanting to start. He recently had a car alarm system and new stereo installed and I believe this is where the problem started. Last Sunday, he was on the highway and the car just cut off on him. We had it towed to a mechanic and they replaced the fuel injector fuse(?) which they thought was the problem. The battery was also replaced because it was dead. Yesterday while driving home the car just shut down on me with no warning. All the lights and dash instruments were working, the car just wouldn't start. Again, it was taken to the same shop and it is stilll there while they try to figure out the problem. Also, everytime they repace that fuse something causes it to blow. They are thinking that maybe the way the alarm system is installed this could be the problem. They have noticed a wire or two connected to the fuel injector.

I am really tired of going in circles with this car. I am now in the process of getting the name of the alarm installer so they could speak directly with the mechanics.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,