Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Husband is in camp and need someone to help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Red face Husband is in camp and need someone to help me

Hi there guys. I have a 03 grand Cherokee overland 4.7 ho and I've been having nothing but problems with it. First it was a front passenger wheel seal that went and leaked out all the oil. Then my signal lights work when they want and now TODAY I was driving and my fuel light came on not a big deal just need gas. The issue is when the fuel light came on and I started to drive slow to work my skis indicator light started to flash about 10 times then shut off. Why would this start to flash? My husband works in camp and gone for months on end and I have to young childeren and in scared to drive it. I live in a remote community and the shop is telling me 8 to 10 weeks away before I could get it in. The next closest shop is 16 hrs away
The vehicle only has 85000km on it

Last edited by bedrockbobcat; 04-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Did you gas it up? Is it running any better?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Year: 2002
Engine: 4.0L

Your turn signal issue is the turn signal module located in the dash near your left knee would be if it hit the dash. Common problem with them. Time, and vibration causes the solder joints to break inside. If you are good with a soldering iron you can fix it, otherwise it's about a $50-80US (depending on who you purchase one from). It is a pita to get at though, but possible.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by KF2M
Your turn signal issue is the turn signal module located in the dash near your left knee would be if it hit the dash. Common problem with them. Time, and vibration causes the solder joints to break inside. If you are good with a soldering iron you can fix it, otherwise it's about a $50-80US (depending on who you purchase one from). It is a pita to get at though, but possible.
Good luck getting that pricing where she is, if its 16 hours to the next shop I would imagine shes in northern Canada. Triple the cost of everything up there.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by bedrockbobcat
Hi there guys. I have a 03 grand Cherokee overland 4.7 ho and I've been having nothing but problems with it. First it was a front passenger wheel seal that went and leaked out all the oil. Then my signal lights work when they want and now TODAY I was driving and my fuel light came on not a big deal just need gas. The issue is when the fuel light came on and I started to drive slow to work my skis indicator light started to flash about 10 times then shut off. Why would this start to flash? My husband works in camp and gone for months on end and I have to young childeren and in scared to drive it. I live in a remote community and the shop is telling me 8 to 10 weeks away before I could get it in. The next closest shop is 16 hrs away
The vehicle only has 85000km on it
Welcome to CF.
For the signal lights, if you're able to repair the flasher/relay: http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm#FLASHER
If not, don't the auto part stores in your area deliver? If so, have them bring you a new combination flasher/flasher relay. It's shown here: Click image to enlarge :http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm
For the SKIS: http://www.wjjeeps.com/sentry.htm
Good luck.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Model: Cherokee

Ya weird the light hasn't came on at all. Could it be a fluke it came on when mu gas light came on. For the signal lights I am still waiting for the part to come in and ya your right 210 bucks for it but I need my husband to install it because I have no idea what I am doing. My biggest concern was when my skis or skim light started to flash but I am hoping and praying that it had something to do with my fuel light going on. Got fuel and ran the jeep for roughly 16 km and nothing
Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

Don't know if it's a coincidence or not. The turn signal combination flasher down here is only $72.99 if your '03 Grand Cherokee Overland has fog lights, $69.99 if not. It's not that hard to instal. Under the dash on the drivers side of the steering wheel is the junction box (fuse box). Click image to enlarge. The flasher is in the center at the top.>http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm