Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Default Stalling, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4WD 6cyl

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl
Default Default Stalling, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4WD 6cyl

I'm having a stalling problem with my '95 Jeep GCL. The vehicle stalls while driving and won't restart for 30-45 minutes. It will then start and run for just a bit before it stalls again. So far the throttle body has been thoroughly cleaned and O2 sensor checked and good. The distributor, coil and crank position sensor have been replaced. The problem remains.

We took it to a shop where they tightened the battery cables and sent it home saying they couldn't get it to stall again. It ran great that night and the next morning. Then it started, drove 10' and died. Started right back up. Made it to the fuel station where it refused to start after being filled up. I may or may not have cried when receiving this information from my son who drives the dang thing. Well, he doesn't drive it now...he drives my truck while his jeep sits. Point is, I want my truck back so I need to figure out what's wrong with his flippin' jeep.

Please help!!!! I'm at my wits end with this jeep. Sure, the transmission needs replaced but I don't see any point in doing that if the vehicle won't run. If I can get this stalling issue fixed, we'll put a tranny in her and keep her for a few more years. Did I mention I'm [I]this[I] close to setting the whole thing on fire? Again...and I'm begging here...PLEASE HELP!!!!