Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Crank no start after alternator install

Old 09-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Crank no start after alternator install

I have a 1995 Laredo 4.0L. About a month ago the Jeep stalled and died while driving. Had it towed home. Charged battery and got it started. No charging. Had a new alternator installed. Right after install Jeep would not start. Didn't have time to troubleshoot right then. Came back later in day and it started right up. Drove it for about a week and a half and once again it died while driving. Got it home again and would not start. After reading about the CKPS being a common problem I figured I would check for spark when I got a chance and go from there. A day or so later, tried key a and it started right up. Again going on what I read and the fact I had no assistant to help in troubleshooting, I installed a new CKPS. Took it out for a drive and 20 minutes into it, the Jeep died again. Started out like it was flooded and progressed to the point it just shutoff. Could not restart. The Jeep drove fine before the Alternator install. Can there be a connection between the symptoms and the alternator?