Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

cd player issues please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default cd player issues please help!!!

okay so I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee limited yes she's got a v8😄 but I have recently tried to replace the CD player with an aftermarket Pioneer one, I have wired together a couple CD players in my time and system's as well and this one has subs just ready to be wired up but can't get past this issue. The first problem I have run into is that the cd player wired up color matching won't turn the CD player on at all, but if you take the red and yellow from the deck and wire it in with the yellow constant it cuts right on but the key isn't even in the switch.. not good dead battery issues I can imagine. Also even when those wires are connected and the deck is on playing a cd or aux no freaking sound!! I don't have the antenna plugged to the back of the deck because it needs an adapter, didn't think it mattered but could this be the problem from the start?... I'm about to pull my hair out guys please please help me figure out this issue so my baby can vibe😁