Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Cant remember where this hose goes..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Red face Cant remember where this hose goes..

Ive been working on an engine swap real slowly over a few months. Finally down to just a few things left and one is a hose/line. I cannot remember where this thing goes, I crawl under and look/feel around and cant find it. I feel like I took it off when I was initially diagnosing my old engine but my brain could be lying to me.

The transmission has 2 lines going to the trans cooler, the cooler itself looks all hooked up. Power steering looks all hooked up (I dont have a hydraulic fan)

Any help is greatly appreciated to save me from my madness

its a 1999 Wj with a 4.7
This is the part number off the rubber part of the hose if that means anything
DF3976 022200F-1

if all else can someone post or point me to some good pictures of Underneath and above on a 4.7 I have a repair manual but cant find this specific hose/line

This is the one off my Jeep, the end may be cut off? I have the same hose that came with a pile of hoses from my donor but it wasnt hooked up either
Old 12-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7

This is the same hose from the donor engine, its all unbent for some reason but the end isnt cut off like on mine. Looks like a typical quick disconnect like youd find in a fuel line but the other end is flared with a fitting

Old 12-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Blow in one end and see what comes out. Color, feel, smell, etc. There ought to be something still in it.