Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

A/C issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default A/C issues

hey guy I have a 2000 grand Cherokee I just bought. when I first bought it everything worked. I noticed the other day when I turned the ac on it would not switch from recirculated to floor ext. but will only blow out the defrost. now the thing that kinda concerns me is the air bag light came on at same time.I have checked codes and don't have any and I have briefly checked fuses but not all, and I noticed that this might have happened after I hooked up trailer to the jeep. anyone have this problem before or maybe where to start? I don't have enough info on what fuse or relay that might have these things tied to it.. Thanks
Old 05-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Check vac line

Originally Posted by ToddMc
hey guy I have a 2000 grand Cherokee I just bought. when I first bought it everything worked. I noticed the other day when I turned the ac on it would not switch from recirculated to floor ext. but will only blow out the defrost. now the thing that kinda concerns me is the air bag light came on at same time.I have checked codes and don't have any and I have briefly checked fuses but not all, and I noticed that this might have happened after I hooked up trailer to the jeep. anyone have this problem before or maybe where to start? I don't have enough info on what fuse or relay that might have these things tied to it.. Thanks
Check vac line that runs from firewall around heater hose to rt front behind the bumper ,I have a 98 had same problem and it fixed it found a bad place in line