Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

98 GC project. going to need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 98 GC project. going to need help!

hey guys

New log in, cant remember my old email address.

so the gf. bought a 98 GC, 192K miles, with the 4.0 I6 (instead of the v8 she was wanting.) least she listened to a little reason. but then i checked it over after work with a flash light

water pump. Done a few of these before. probably going to use better quality then autozone's duralast. 30$ with a life time waranty.. and ive only replaced 1 new one..

Front axle U joint is blown up! picture worthy when i get the chance. job seems straight forward.

Ran-dumb stalling of the engine on decelleration and seems to be a slight miss on cylinder 1. has new plugs,wires,cap and rotor.. original fuel injector. probably faulty.. but the no idle has me a bit miffed. will run at 850-1K rpm. with the pedal. has a few new sensors on the engine.. checked them and now it idles but Low.. 500 or so Rpm.

Fuel pump... Humms and surges, loud sitting in the drivers seat on idle. what fitting to check fuel pressure?

again.. randumb stalling and lack of power... think it's related to fuel pump noises and seeming to have a slight miss fire on #1.

ATF needs to be changed, drain pan change filter? anyone have a part number for the filter if there is one.. and what specific fluid?

input seal on the rear axle leaking oil, valve cover gasket, transfer case, misc. oil leaks.

going to need help with this one guys... it'll be a night time and weekend project because im a diesel tech. 50hr a week as it is.

thanks

-Rob