Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

95 Laredo ac issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 95 Laredo ac issues

I am trying to fix my ac/heating in my 1997 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. I have taken out the blower motor and tested it on my battery and it works so im assuming its the resistor but i am having issues identifying the actual unit. Any input would be welcome for I don't know dick about cars.
I have attached a photo with two things circled that I have no idea what the heck they are. the previous owner tried to fix it hence the burn marks everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails 95 Laredo ac issues-thing.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l 6Cyl

Originally Posted by Bhowser
I am trying to fix my ac/heating in my 1997 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. I have taken out the blower motor and tested it on my battery and it works so im assuming its the resistor but i am having issues identifying the actual unit. Any input would be welcome for I don't know dick about cars.
I have attached a photo with two things circled that I have no idea what the heck they are. the previous owner tried to fix it hence the burn marks everywhere.
Im not sure what the bottom circle is but the top thing appears to be one of the vaccume operated motors for the a.c. vents/doors inside the dash.