Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

94 GCL No start/stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 94 GCL No start/stalling

Hi,
I'm new here, not to the jeep world. A couple months ago my dad's neighbor had a 94 grand Cherokee Laredo for sale, at that point it wouldn't start and had been sitting a year, he owned it for 8 years and bought a new car when it started to give him troubles.

Fast forward a couple months, it had no spark, thought it was grounding out, chased wires for days on end, pcm wasn't working, replaced the pcm this week, when I bought it, I replaced the crank sensor and cam sensor and let it sit until it warmed up. Before the pcm was replaced it would crank all day but no start, now since changing it, it does start and I've driven it around the block, but it will stall in drive, sometime if I get on it, it will stay running or times it won't, and then typically doesn't start.

Now it will start and die, not really even stay running. Thought maybe tps, so for the hell of it I replaced the entire throttle body with the sensors, idle control, map, and tps, didn't make a difference still starts and dies. The throttle body and sensors were used but came from a running 94 grand Cherokee Laredo, I know it's best to buy new, but this was a $200 jeep. So I've found my way here looking for some suggestions of what to do next besides sell it, also the check engine light isn't on.