Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2007 wont start after warmed up and cooled down a bit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 2007 wont start after warmed up and cooled down a bit

Hello,
I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee that runs and starts fine except under one condition. If I warm the jeep up say for over 20 minutes of running and then stop and let it cool down for five minutes it will not start. The starter will turn and continue to turn even with my hand off of the key but the jeep wont start. If I shut it off and try it a few times it will eventually start but not right away. Under other conditions, cold or hot but without a wait, it will start fine. I know this sound crazy but I have been chasing this for months now and have changed the starter (twice) the relays, the battery, the coolant sensor and the spark plugs. When the jeep is heated and then slightly cooled, the starter turns as it wants to start but it just wont. I then shut it down, and try again and sometimes it will catch after 2,3 or 4 times and sometimes I need to let it sit for a few. Other than this issue, it runs perfectly fine with no issues, not even a check engine light or faults. Help please!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2004 WJ, 1998 XJ
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.7 HO

What engine do you have?
Old 03-25-2018, 09:01 PM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 3.7 liter v-6

It is a 3.7 liter v-6
Old 04-16-2019, 09:55 AM

Year: 2008
Model: Grand Cherokee (WK)
Engine: 3.7L V6
Default Did you ever fix this problem?

Originally Posted by David Morgan
Hello,
I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee that runs and starts fine except under one condition. If I warm the jeep up say for over 20 minutes of running and then stop and let it cool down for five minutes it will not start. The starter will turn and continue to turn even with my hand off of the key but the jeep wont start. If I shut it off and try it a few times it will eventually start but not right away. Under other conditions, cold or hot but without a wait, it will start fine. I know this sound crazy but I have been chasing this for months now and have changed the starter (twice) the relays, the battery, the coolant sensor and the spark plugs. When the jeep is heated and then slightly cooled, the starter turns as it wants to start but it just wont. I then shut it down, and try again and sometimes it will catch after 2,3 or 4 times and sometimes I need to let it sit for a few. Other than this issue, it runs perfectly fine with no issues, not even a check engine light or faults. Help please!!!
did you ever fix this problem?