Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2004 GC window issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4L
Default 2004 GC window issue

My left rear window stopped working with it "up" for about a week. My daughter then used the button one day and the window went down but would not go up! I took the door panel off smelt what seemed to be a bad electrical motor and got a new regulator with new motor. I bench tested it with the battery and it goes up and down as it should. I then hooked it to the vehicle harnesses before installing it to check it and it only went down when using the rear door switch. The drives switch did nothing just “clicks” when I activate the switch in either direction! I again bench checked the window regulator with the battery and it goes up and down just fine. I checked the “window lock” and it works correctly on the right rear window so I don’t think the “window lock” is the problem. My guess is the drivers master switch is bad?!?!?! The motor works so I assume there is not a broken wire in the door hinge area otherwise it would not work at all. The rear door switch works but the drivers switch does nothing but "click". All the other windows work fine, speaker works fine just not the left read window. I do not want to start throwing parts at it to hopefully stumble across the true root cause. Any suggestion? Checks I could try? Thanks