Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

1999 Grand Cherokee air blowing warm

Old 05-18-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1999 Grand Cherokee air blowing warm

My air suddenly started blowing warm. It worked when I drove to work, then when I left work it was blowing warm. I thought that it may be an issue with the refrigerant. I had read that I could purchase a kit with the gauges and refrigerant to recharge it, so that is what I did.

When I hooked up the gauge it showed the static pressure at around 100 psi, in the red section marked "May need repairs". When I started the engine and turned the air to coolest setting on maximum, it still read the exact same psi. The needle doesn't move at all. I tried to put in a little bit of the refrigerant to see if it would change the psi at all, but it did not. It also did not seem that any of the refrigerant was coming out. I know the can works because I held it out and pulled trigger and it did release some, and I noticed that the connector got really cold in that second of releasing. When it was attached to the low pressure valve, even if I held down the trigger for 30 seconds, the connector never got cold, and the can never felt any lighter.

Any suggestions? I should probably take it to a mechanic, but I can't afford it right now.