this is my first post on this site but i have done some searching...
Here is my issue:
i recently picked up a 1998 cherokee for free, minimal rust - overall its in very good shape. However, it does not start. Apparently, it was used to boost another vehicle and hasn't started since. It was not turned on when it was used to boost the other car, the cables were directly on the battery terminals, and the cables were on the positive terminal of the other car and the grounded to the chassis of the other car.
The battery is new, but it's dead. The jeep will crank all day long with a boost, but it will not start.
Its getting fuel.
Its not getting spark. I checked for spark at the coil and the plugs, no spark at either.
The only thing i've replaced so far is the BCM (body control module), which is located behind the dash on the drivers side, sort of behind the headlight switch. I was told by someone locally that it could have been fried from the boost. it didnt work, still doesn't start and still doesn't get spark. It did change the odometer reading though lol.
I read on these forums that it could be the crank angle sensor(aka pickup coil?)
. Am I correct in saying that one end of this sensor is inside the distributor and the other is on the bell housing? I checked at the parts store and they only had the part that goes into the distributor.
Am i asking for the wrong part?
What else could it be?
Help me figure this out, i wanna go wheelin!