Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The White Stallion Build Thread ['99 Cherokee S.E.]

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default The White Stallion Build Thread ['99 Cherokee S.E.]

Ok, so ive been lurking around the forums for quite a while now and i guess its about time to start my own build thread. I just got my current Cherokee about 2-3 weeks ago and this will be the 3rd one ive owned so far; not to mention the 5th jeep ive owned, and the 10th vehicle...and im 22yo. lol But my first ride was a jeep and my favorite was the first cherokee i had, so i think its safe to say i officially have the 'Jeep' bug in my system; plus its had time to produce offspring and take me over, its hard to get rid of the bug after that point. hahaha Anyways, my cherokee...its a '99 Cherokee S.E., white in color, I-6 w/ AW-4 (Auto), 4wd w/ NP231 & Hack-N-Tap SYE, Front High Pinion D30 & Rear D35 [I have a Chrysler 8.25 waiting in the wings for the swap ], Rubicon Express 4.5" (not sure if thats the lift height i have) short-arm w/ full leafsprings in the rear, black 15" wheels (not sure wat kind, i wanna say procomp) on 33" BFG mud terrains, K&N Intake kit, extended shackles, Temperature/Compass Rear-View mirror (also not sure what kind; i think it came off a chevy truck) that is not wired yet [i will most likely do a write up on it], and "stage 3" type rock sliders [in the process of installing as i type this lol]...oh and a forgot to mention, this thing ONLY has 72,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!! Oh, and btw, my name is Cody and i live in Southern California. LET ME KNO WAT U GUYS THINK!!

So now i guess its time for some (crappy) cell phone pics of my baby!

Name:  0127122159.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  0127122201b.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  0127122203.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  82.3 KB

Name:  0127122205.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  73.2 KB

And here's a pic of my 'other' current ride...Street Legal! {'06 CRF450}

Name:  IMG_1939.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  120.5 KB

Last edited by codysalzbrunn; 01-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995

do 33's clear the fenders when flexed or do they rub? cause i know its pretty close with 32's on the 4.5 inch lifts
Old 01-28-2012, 01:13 AM

so now that thats done, i have a few questions.. first, where do you guys mount ur front sway bar disco's? I'd prefer not to have to buy something pre-made, so let me know wat u got. Second, on my rock sliders there are only 2 mounting locations that go straight from the slider to the frame. I feel a little bit weary of the strength issue with these...am i trippin? what do you guys feel about this? let me know. and third, if (actually make that when lol) i decide to upgrade to a long arm setup, am i able to chose another company's long arm upgrade? or do i have to stick with R.E.? If i can, am i gunna have to do some modding to my current components?, or no? Thanks for helpin me out with these questions & checkin out my build; I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do!!

BTW, sorry if i dont speed thru this build like alot of people i see on this forum, i dont have a bunch of money to spend so it'll be a smooth and steady build, not jus one thing after another and so on.. Anyways, thanks for reading!!! See ya'll soon!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:16 AM

they do clear pretty well, but the fenders are SLIGHTLY trimmed. but when in extreme flex situations they do rub. but with that said, i have stuffed the tires pretty deep and havent ripped of the flares or anything!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: I-6 4.0 High Output

Bahaha. Funny man, I'm from SoCal too, and I was browsing around Craigslist and whatnot and saw that Jeep for sale this morning. Pick it up today?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 AM

oh really? maybe its a different one, cuz if u read the first post i said i got it around 3 weeks ago
Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 AM

plus the listing for this was on auto trader, not craigslist. lol but u got the link? just so i can check it out
Old 01-28-2012, 11:22 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: I-6 4.0 High Output

From the 18th. http://ventura.craigslist.org/ctd/2806966269.html
Old 01-28-2012, 06:26 PM

huh... thats weird. maybe it wasnt that long ago. haha my life is such a blur its hard to remember when i got it lol

thanks for that tho; now i have a date for when i bought it.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Great looking Jeep man! I had a Chevy truck that I called The White Stallion. It was stolen 5 years ago, but I'm glad the name lives on elsewhere!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by brasscatz
Great looking Jeep man! I had a Chevy truck that I called The White Stallion. It was stolen 5 years ago, but I'm glad the name lives on elsewhere!
thanks for that man. and its funny u say that cuz my last cherokee was all black and was called the black stallion and right after that rig i got a chevy truck i was gunna call the white stallion in memory of the cherokee, but thought it was too soon.... hahah. but once i got this, i knew it was time

but im glad u like the jeep, and im sorry to hear about the chev. im proud to carry on the stallion family name tho!! lol
Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by codysalzbrunn
thanks for that man. and its funny u say that cuz my last cherokee was all black and was called the black stallion and right after that rig i got a chevy truck i was gunna call the white stallion in memory of the cherokee, but thought it was too soon.... hahah. but once i got this, i knew it was time

but im glad u like the jeep, and im sorry to hear about the chev. im proud to carry on the stallion family name tho!! lol

Yep, definitely time! My grandfather's CB handle was White Horse because he had an old white van... that's where I got the idea. And thanks... it's hard when you built the thing and there was only 2,000 miles on the whole thing! I'm better, but it'll always hurt.

Alright, enough about me! Can't wait to see the horse fully built out! Looks great as it sits, but I know you'll have fun working on it.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by brasscatz
Yep, definitely time! My grandfather's CB handle was White Horse because he had an old white van... that's where I got the idea. And thanks... it's hard when you built the thing and there was only 2,000 miles on the whole thing! I'm better, but it'll always hurt.

Alright, enough about me! Can't wait to see the horse fully built out! Looks great as it sits, but I know you'll have fun working on it.
ya it always sucks losing something that u love so much and put so much time into..

Ya i cant wait to put some real work into this thing, and thanks i really like how it looks right now too but there's definitely lots to improve on. I just finished up installing the rock sliders (was a realll PITA for some reason) about 3min ago. looks good, but needs some extra bracing in my opinion. Next is wiring up the temp/compass rear-view mirror! then probably a little tinting job on the brake lights/blinkers/markers. Stay Tuned!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by codysalzbrunn
ya it always sucks losing something that u love so much and put so much time into..

Ya i cant wait to put some real work into this thing, and thanks i really like how it looks right now too but there's definitely lots to improve on. I just finished up installing the rock sliders (was a realll PITA for some reason) about 3min ago. looks good, but needs some extra bracing in my opinion. Next is wiring up the temp/compass rear-view mirror! then probably a little tinting job on the brake lights/blinkers/markers. Stay Tuned!!
Very nice! We're going to need pics of the sliders pretty soon! I did some "tinting" on my headlights,, front markers and blinkers... but what I did was use some scrap window tint from a buddy of mine to A. see if I liked it, and B. to test out the acceptance from the cops around here. So far so good, and best of all, I can remove it when I need inspection.... until I do it permanently, that is!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 AM

ya i plan on posting sum pics of the sliders 2marrow when i have some daylight. and thats a pretty good idea about the tinting film, i wouldve never thought of that. lol but im not a big fan of the black tint on the lights, more of the 'smoked' look is wat im going for..

Like this pic of my last car, the awe-inspiring evo. lol but i REALLY like how the tail lights turned out when i was done. i would probably go just a tiny bit darker tho..

Name:  IMG_1838.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  89.1 KB

Instead of like this. This was one my trucks from a while back; i did these with some other type then the evo... too dark for me.

and the door is slightly open, there isnt a hug gap haha
Name:  IMG_1026.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  72.6 KB

Quick Reply: The White Stallion Build Thread ['99 Cherokee S.E.]