Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

"Walter" 2001 XJ Limited

Old 05-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default "Walter" 2001 XJ Limited

Hello everyone,

Picked up this 2001 Cherokee Limited almost a year ago and wanted to get in on the forum. This XJ was in great condition when i got it. Clean carfax, 128k miles and the most pristine interior i have seen in any XJ. Based on the condition of the paint and no rust anywhere this xj has likely had a pampered life and spent most of its days in a garage.

This is my second XJ and the first one I plan on making my own. I am Colorado based and this will be a mild trail/overland XJ. I still want to able to get it to highways speeds without issues.

Heres what I am planning
- 3" suspension lift (to include adjustable trac, HD tierod, TC drop, LCA's, extended sway bar links)
- 31" KO2's
- Completely go through the remaining suspension components (wheel hubs, ball joints, replace all bushings/tierods etc.)
- Currently no leaks anywhere but will eventually do RMS,oil pan gasket, oil filter housing o-rings and valve cover gasket
- Flush all fluids
- fix minor dents/dings (Paintless dent repair)
- cut/buff paint. It looks great from a few feet away but it could use a refresh.
- debating on JCR front and rear bumpers. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will likely keep this out of reach though.
- Engine tune-up (plugs, coil pack, 4-hole injector swap)

As of this post I have fixed all the typical misc electrical issues (door locks, windows, non-working front speakers) and did get the roof rack for it. I will keep this updated the best I can.