Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stable Daily Driver & Two-Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6
Question Stable Daily Driver & Two-Tracker

Hi y'all,
I totaled my '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport a few weeks ago. Slid off an icy road, went down an embankment, and flipped onto the driver's side.😓

I had done some work on her, Monstalined the rocker panels, fender flares, front and grill, and some trim. Also Monstalined some of the undercarriage and repainted the roof. She was rust free with a 2 inch lift and all terrains and never gave me any problems. In 8 years I put 100,000 miles on her.

Anyway, I am looking for a stock XJ this weekend and would like to repeat the Monstaliner. If the paint is worn extensively I may Monstaline the entire body. Also considering Magnet Paints Chassis Saver in satin black for the undercarriage. I do not want more than a 2-inch lift as I make quite a few long-distance, highway trips and want to maintain my gas mileage , ride, and stability at high speeds. Based on what I've read on CF so far, I think I'll purchase some Bridgestone Blizzak tires for the winter months and run ATS the rest of the year.

I need yall's advise on:
1) Maximizing stability and traction on icy, snowy dirt roads and pavement, other than adding weight in the back cargo area & snow tires. (Needless to say I do not want a wreck like this to happen again, though I guess some things in life are unavoidable 😕.)
2) The highest quality 2-inch lift (if the height matters)
3) The highest quality shocks (I spend 75% of my time on pavement, 25% on mountainous, dirt two-tracks, sometimes with bug dust, muddy ruts and rocks)
4) Suggestions for simple, high quality front end and suspension components

I won't be doing the mechanical work myself but I would like to purchase the parts. Thanks in advance!