Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project: Squeeling Beauty

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: bombproof i6
Default Project: Squeeling Beauty

Alright, so the name squeeling beauty came from a loose serp. belt when i got it which squeeled soo loud it woke up the neightbours every morning when i left for work at 6 int he morning haha.

After searching for a long time, finding a few that i thought looked great in pitures but in person they were all rusted out, i found this one and bought it the first of feb.

It came basically stock but with rustys 3in lift, bushwackers and a semi bald set of 31's.

When i brought it home i took it straight to the shop for an emissions and safety. There ended up being a number of small things wrong (needed new shocks and whatnot) and it failed etest a few times but after a new cat and o2 sensors it finally passed.

I drove it like this for a while and wheeled a few times, but the tires were terrible,on road in the snow and offroad. My friend sold me his 33x11.5 MTZ's for cheap so i bought some spacers and threw them on.

Immediately after installing them, the trimming began, i dont have any pics of it but i cut about and inch and a half off and bent the rest of the metal up. I also had to cut some of the bushcrackers(which wasn't hard for me to do becaus ei don;t like them anyways).

I drove and wheeled it like this for a bit but the 33's with the bushcrackers made the front look lower that the rear(because the rear flare was moved up when installed and the front wasn't moved as much) and the solution was 2in coil spacers which my uncle helped me put on.
and yeah i know the wood block is kinda sketchy but it never fell haha.

I left it like that for a bit but recently realized that the rear was alot lower and without extended bumpstops i was rubbing ALOT int he rear. So instead of bumpstops i got longer shackles, this bringing the back up to 4.5. When i ordered them i also got some disconnects for the front.

I took some pics, (the front is still connected).

And that is where i'm at now. I have an aussie locker on the way and i'm going to get a 5.5in RE LA kit on the 20th when i get back from camping.

and yes i know i need a sye kit, i have some vibes but its not that bad and i'm at 4.5

I'll post up some wheeling pics later.

Thanks, Jb