Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Laurali

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Default Project Laurali

well im kind of starting late on my build thread, i wish i would have started earlier, but ill try to go back in time and try cover as much as i remember haha.

Well first off my Jeep:
2000 Xj
I bought it with 85,000 miles on it
AW4, Dana 30 front, Chryco 8.25 rear end
The guy i bought it from drove it about 4 miles everyday to a commuter lot

here it is about a month after i got it, this is the only stock pic i have of it unfortunately

i didnt do much to it at first, i bought a new set of general grabber at2s for the stock rims and put a budget boost on it

about a year after i put the bb on it i got some new 15x8 allied steel d window rims and 30x9.50 dunlop mud rovers

Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
CF Veteran

then i went on my first ever wheelin trip with my buddies, also i should say i was about 16-17 when i was doing all this, so that explains the lack of pictures, so hang with me cause i have a lot more current ones and will have a lot more now that i have my own camera finally

heres just a few pics from that day, it was fun until my buddy in the ford got side swiped going up an icy mountain road after this, needless to say that ended our day
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
CF Veteran

so i drove it like that for awhile, i got in a wreck in it, some lady pulled out in front of me and i t-boned her at like 35 miles an hour, the jeep came out damaged but was still driveable, i got the insurance money for it and bought some goodies for it

i got a jcr stage 1 front bumper and their prerunner light bar, and also two 130 watt kc daylighters and 4 hella 500s
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
CF Veteran

so at about this point i just graduated high school and was at beach week with my friends, i wanted to get a little graduation present for my self

i bought a rustys 4.5 inch full spring pack lift for it

i unfortunately dont have any pics of the lift in the box buuut i do have some pics of me putting the lift on

heres the front end right after takin the wheels off and disconnecting the shocks, there is the bb spacer in there too, notice how rust free she is too that came in handy as i didnt break one bolt, nothing was seized and everything came out fairly easily

was easily able to pull the stock coils out once everything was unhooked, the axle is jacked up on this side to get the other coil spring out

heres the new rustys coils along with a new passenger side bump stop, the stock one was shredded from bottoming out all the time

this pic also shows the new lca's

heres the front end all buttoned up, except for the quick disconnects, but look how much room i had with the 30's on it haha
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
CF Veteran

and now came the rear, which i think was worse than the front, as the help i had didnt show up that day and i had to align the rear axle back up with the new leaves by myself, that was fun but i got it done

heres the stock leaves with the add a leaf in them, really FLAT haha

sorry for the lack of pics, i was by myself that day and wasnt too concerned with taking pictures

and this it how she looked finished......

was definitely a good feeling to pull her out of the garage and drive it after 3 days
Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
CF Veteran

Yes i drove it around with those tiny little 30's on it haha, i hated it!

i went to the outer banks with it and did some sand wheelin

then september came and those mud rovers were about gone and i was just tired of them being so small, i was ready for 33's

so i got em!!

also i painted my diff covers and got a firestik cb antenna and mount

They are 33x12.5 General Grabber at2's, yes the second time my jeep has seen these tires haha

i LOVED them when i got them, so i had to see how they did in the mud, which is all we have around here unfortunately

definitely my favorite sticker

Last edited by cherokeeaddiction23; 12-13-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
CF Veteran

And that brings her to the way she sits now.

except for this.....

ive got a few more things that ive done lately that i need to take pics of and put up here, like my switch panel, and a little bit of bedliner. But at least its updated now

Ive also got a roof rack coming soon and a few other things, there will be some more things after xmas, not sure what yet, i guess it will just be a surprise
Old 12-14-2010, 09:44 AM

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6

love the jeep build man and def a clean and simple xj which just adds to it. Btw how you like the rustys lift i think thats the next upgrade to my wagon and was def lookin into getting a rustys lift. Oh and where did you get that light bar that thing is def sweet and im gonna have to get something like that considering i have a sunroof haha.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Yeah man this Jeep is sick. I wish i got a Jeep when I was 16 but I'm 19 now so its time to catch up.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 liter

Don't feel too bad about driving around with those itty bitty tires heres a pic of mine, looked like this from sophomore til my birthday of senior year

But now it looks like this lol
Old 12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by peytn91
love the jeep build man and def a clean and simple xj which just adds to it. Btw how you like the rustys lift i think thats the next upgrade to my wagon and was def lookin into getting a rustys lift. Oh and where did you get that light bar that thing is def sweet and im gonna have to get something like that considering i have a sunroof haha.
i love the rustys lift, a lot of guys on here dont seem to fond of them, but i dont know why its a great lift, rides good on the road and off, and the liight bar is from JCR offroad, its their prerunner bar

Originally Posted by JuicyJuice4x4
Don't feel too bad about driving around with those itty bitty tires heres a pic of mine, looked like this from sophomore til my birthday of senior year

But now it looks like this lol
haha the chop top looks sick man, if mine wasnt in such good condition id do that but its too nice lol
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 liter

ya i paid 500 for mine and dd'd it for 3 years and then got that dodge but the jeep still gets dd'd when yhe dodge breaks. and keep your motor going. mines got 330,000+ on stock drivetrain so they DO last forever haha
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

man thats awesome, i only have 125,000 on mine now, so shes got a long way to go, and i take so much care of it, i change the oil every 3000 miles, flush the coolant every year, so i bet ill go over 300k easily, which sucks cause my plan is to stroke it once the motor goes but everybody jinxed me and said itll last forever, which im sure it will haha
Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: I6

good news to hear on the rustys im 20 and this is gonna be my first real lift on my cherokee considering its my first so now i def have some confidence that my money going to rustys will be money well spent haha.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 Straigh 6

Are those shocks fully maxxed out at 4.5 inches? I have the same ones and called up skyjacker and they said they are only good from 0-3 inches.

Quick Reply: Project Laurali