Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Rider 98

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Night Rider 98

Hey yall just thought i should join the community, i have been on here more than any site in the past few years n i finally have a cherokee now so i figured i might as well start a build thread, somethin to do , also a way to show off some of my fabrication work, and get some helpful knowledge from the great people on here, the reason im just starting a thread now is because before i only had a comanche so i didnt think comanche should be on the cherokee web site but as all you know its basically same set up so i used alot of info off here n put it towards my comanche...well thats enough of the bs story of my jeep...sold comanche next day bought a 1998 cherokee with 4.5 in lift 33 in swampers it was fairly clean other than a few dents n dings but hell its a jeep and its my toy rig not daily driver (well since ive had it i like driving it more than truck) but other than lift n tires this thing was basically stock nothin to wild ... it has 173000 miles on body with a motor thats rebuilt that only has 35000 on it tranny and transfer case un touched...ive had it now for a few months and made a few small changes but plan on makin many more so stay tuned n i know how yall are about pics i will try to get them up asap...but please feel free to comment n give pointers hints w/e n dont worry bout hurtin feelins if ya see somethin ya dont like let me know
Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Post some pics on that beast. Lets see what you've done and new updates
Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 PM

first time puttin up pics so hopefully i can get it right but please yall let me know what ya think and any ideas or tips or whatever

first photo- "stock" to me day this is the day i bought it

2nd photo -some poser flex (front sway bar links were still connected)

3rd photo- just a picture of halfway clean i love my jeep cause i go spray it off (damn rust kills quick when its warm) so i spray it off n one mile down the road its completly white again!

4th photo- i just like this pic shows off my fab work took me a while but yes i built the bumper im pretty happy with it let me know what yall think

5th photo- here is a pic of just the bumper right after completion and herculiner let me know what ya think

last photo a pic of the back along with bumper i made but soon to undergo some reconstruction

well thats all i got for now but its a start so let me know what you think like i said its nothin special now but what would be fun in buyin a built one...so its under construction probably always will be but comments are appriciated!
Attached Images      
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 PM

Year: 1998 1992 1991
Engine: All Inline 6 4.0

Looks pretty nice man Blacked out is the best way to go lol. And nice bumper
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM

Yea i love the black on black haha but the salt on the midwest roads really makes it look dirty the frt/side angle pic it was just washed n got that dirty on the way home but yea thanks for the appriciation of the bumper took me a while but i know its built right so im happy with it ...what do you guys think about the style of the stinger (i dont have tube bender so went with the boxed top and i like the square tubing i think it matches the square body of the jeep better but what do you guys think???
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

Very nice. I would take that square stinger over the rounded ones.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 PM

Thanks man i appriciate it...a few of my friends were against it along with the boxed top but i think it turned out good and i was workin with what i had and its unique...but yea im actually in the process of makin a few for my friends...good way to make some extra money
Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 PM

Hell ya id like to have one hah wana be friends? Jus messin
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Would be a nice ride to have in the zombie war.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Nice rig..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:41 PM

Year: 1994

Looks pretty good. Nice bumper... I'm sure you could sell a few of those bumpers here
Old 01-20-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by snowman
Looks pretty good. Nice bumper... I'm sure you could sell a few of those bumpers here
Yup. I would be down for one if it isnt to awfully expensive
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by dshall
Hell ya id like to have one hah wana be friends? Jus messin
haha no im not givin them away to friends they are payin me just not nearly as much as a "name brand one"

But really you guys think some people would wanna buy them i mean i guess if they didnt want the square tubing for stinger i could do round bar ...n one of my buddies is hopefully buyin a tube bender soon to do his cage so idk i could maybe make a few?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by OcalaXJ
Would be a nice ride to have in the zombie war.
ha what do you mean the zombie war?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM

well just an update ive had jeep for a while now so tryin to remember what ive done since ive had it...i do not have pictures now but i hopefully can get some up for ya soon...so already got front n rear bumpers on her...then oh yea i had a little money set back becuse i was out wheelin at a local spot and goin up a dirt/gravel/boulder hill that my buddy couldnt get up n since it was first time i had my jeep out i had to show him what it had so i got up it but aftermath was well the tc chain had 174000 miles on it so a little worn out anyways and i broke front differnetial yoke which didnt make me happy but i found out the PO had welded the yoke because it had been broke previously so in the end i was happy that it didnt break when i was on a serious trail n a few miles off the road...so that was fun to fix but i rebuilt tc just so i didnt have to worry about it for a bit considering this is the tc i plan on puttin a sye on...then i mounted cd radio n atenaa on rear bumper...3D cell maglite on a pillar with mountin brackets...GEAR seat covers (driver n passenger)...then regular maintnance...sorry post is long just tryin to get updated to this point if i forgot anything ill add in later but now that i think im up to date ill have more progress pics

Quick Reply: Night Rider 98