Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2000 XJ, I call her Violet

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default My 2000 XJ, I call her Violet

Bought this 2000 Cherokee sport over the summer for about $2400. It's my first car and I didn't want to settle for any thing else. Had to put in a few new parts since then. Put in a new a/c compressor since the clutch and bearing on the one in it were shot. Just recently changed the water pump and radiator since I had some issues a few weeks back. Hopefully I won't have to do anything else for a while since I'm broke.

Picture from the day I bought her. I was stoked.

After I finished the radiator I was pumped so I took this one.

Pics are kinda crappy since they're phone pics but w/e. It's nothing too special yet but I love it all the same. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a lift in the relatively near future but I don't want to get a cheap one that I'll have problems with so I'm gonna wait until I can afford a decent one (recommendations on that welcome).

Last edited by hajenkadenkados; 06-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM

So I finally pulled the trigger on a lift kit. Went with the RE 3.5" with full spring packs since mine sag a bit. Will hopefully be installing that soon, maybe with a few of these parts. Started spraying the crap out of her with PB Blaster today so hopefully everything goes well when I get some time to do it. Any advice is welcome for the install.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 AM

So finally started to install the lift with a buddy yesterday. Only hit a few snags getting the front done, but nothing out of the ordinary. Didn't help that it started to rain like crazy before we finished. The rear is today's project. Hopefully the rain holds off.

Started out dry.
Name:  MyJeepliftinstall.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  109.1 KB

But changed to like torrential downpours, but we kept going for a while in it.
Name:  myjeepliftinstall2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  62.1 KB

This is where she should sit with the RE 3.5" lift and 33x10.5x15 BFG All-Terrain K/Os that I picked up off craigslist for $200 on d windows
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Nice buy and great deal on those tires!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 PM

So here's where she sits now.

Name:  jeepliftnorear.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  93.8 KB

Had some issues with the front bolts on the leaf springs. On both sides they backed out of the welded nut in the frame but are stuck on the inner bushing sleeve so I gotta cut. Got one side but then the rain came (if you couldn't notice from the picture) so it's sitting in my buddy's driveway until he's got a day off and the weather works out and I get new bolts from the dealership. Once the rear is in I'll probably have to do some fender cutting.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM

So between me and my buddy having job interviews, the weather not cooperating and the Jeep also fighting back she is finally back together. It's taken blood, sweat and a lot of cursing to get it done. And since the shop I go to was closed all last week, I have to wait until monday for an alignment and for them to get out the broken tcase bolt that my buddy broke an e-z out in. Will never be using those things again. I'll get some pics up once I get the alignment and am DDing it again. Still to come: cutting the fenders, an axle build and swap with an hp 30 and 8.25 with 4.56 gears and ARB air lockers for both (all stuff I have-see my junkyard find thread), some bumpers, a winch and some lights. We'll see what gets added to that plan as I go along. For now I just can't wait to be back in the XJ.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 AM

So I never got around to posting up the results. So here's what she looked like with the new lift.

Name:  e932c6c8-9b1a-4d60-a4fe-fefa70175a84.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  186.5 KB

Name:  20130724_151125.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  181.0 KB

With the 33's it rubbed a bit when turning so I got around to cutting the fenders about a week ago. Got some rust on the rear quarter so I may look into cutting what I can out and doing the quarter cut n fold sometime.

Name:  Driverrearcutrust.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  76.4 KB

More progress shots.

Name:  cutnfold1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  cutnfold2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  93.1 KB

And the finished product.

Rear:
Name:  Cutnfolddone.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  91.7 KB

Front:
Name:  Frontcut.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  94.8 KB

I could probably cut a little more off the front but I haven't gotten to really flex it out and see where it sits and if it rubs then. When I can do that I will address it with more bump stop or less sheet metal. I may not be able to get it dirty until after I move to Indiana in a few weeks for a new job (hooray actually doing something with my fancy new college degree). There is still hopefully much more to come, seeing as I still have a stockpile of parts just itching to go in. Hopefully this new job will help that happen soon.