Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl
Default luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ

Hey everyone! I'm 17 and just recently bought a 2001 Sienna Pearl Cherokee Sport with 93,7xx miles on it. Finally got a sunny day to take some good pics of it. Have not done a thing to it since purchasing it last week, so it's a little dirty and completely stock. It's in great condition though; interior clean as it can be. Real excited to do a BUNCH of mods to it. Traded a 2007 GMC Envoy for this, and I plan to have it for a long time. Well, here are some pics! Enjoy.
(and just a heads up, I will be asking a lot of questions, so prepare yourselves)

Last edited by luckyAD80; 08-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Pictures...
Attached Thumbnails luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0219.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0221.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0225.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0226.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0251.jpg  

Old 02-12-2012, 02:45 PM

My first question is related to a rust and chipped paint problem.. Where can I buy touch-up paint from for cheap (and how do I know my exact code?), and what kind of rust remover spray will I need to fix this issue. Also, if I go to the junkyard, what years will have the correct engine hood light? And finally, the center console doesn't shut... how can I fix this?
Attached Thumbnails luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0254.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0271.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0274.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0261.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0262.jpg  

Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Nice lookin cherokee man, those VA dmv temp tags? Looks just like the ones I had on mine when I moved.

I'm not a whole lot of help on the rust removal on the drip rails, but that doesn't look too bad to need rust removal spray, maybe just some sanding/repainting.

As for the console, that's a pretty easy fix, the same thing happened to my gf's focus, the little latch that wholes the console shut snapped off. Annoying, I know. I'm pretty sure all the center consoles from 97-01 would work, so head down to the junkyard and see if u can find one with a good latch mechanism. Just take out those two screws and swap the latch out, should be good as new.

Good luck with the build, what kind of plans do u have for it?

*edit: same years for the hood light too I think, don't quote me on that though. I really need to see if mine just needs a bulb or if the switch is bad in it. haha
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by MechanicMatt
Nice lookin cherokee man, those VA dmv temp tags? Looks just like the ones I had on mine when I moved.

I'm not a whole lot of help on the rust removal on the drip rails, but that doesn't look too bad to need rust removal spray, maybe just some sanding/repainting.

As for the console, that's a pretty easy fix, the same thing happened to my gf's focus, the little latch that wholes the console shut snapped off. Annoying, I know. I'm pretty sure all the center consoles from 97-01 would work, so head down to the junkyard and see if u can find one with a good latch mechanism. Just take out those two screws and swap the latch out, should be good as new.

Good luck with the build, what kind of plans do u have for it?

*edit: same years for the hood light too I think, don't quote me on that though. I really need to see if mine just needs a bulb or if the switch is bad in it. haha
Yup, I'm in VA. Are you still in VA? And thanks for the tip on the console.

As for plans:
4.5" suspension lift (Rusty's or Zone)
32 BFG A/T KO's
15" Cragar Soft 8's
Roof Rack with spare BFG tire strapped on
JKS Disconnects
Front Bumper w/ stinger and winch
*edit: and floor mats! need them asap so I can go mudding!

It has three different tire brands as of now haha - 2 BFGs on front, and 2 other brands on the rear. I would consider an axle swap, but since I have the Chrysler 8.25, I think I'm good.

---

Anyone know how to find my paint code?
*EDIT: I figured it was PU7... will I need to buy any primer or clearcoat in addition to this? Thanks.

Last edited by luckyAD80; 02-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Yep still in VA. Moved here last may to be with my girl and i'm LOVIN it. Where are you at in Virginia, I need somebody to go wheelin with!

Sounds like some good plans for her too, I thought about going 4.5'' but realized for a DD/weekend offroader, 3" should be enough for now. Still deciding on a kit or if I'm gonna piece together a budget/jy lift. Damn money, haha.

Floormats were the first thing I picked up for my jeep too. They were pricey, but I got the Quadratec brand mats from their website. Probably the best $100 bucks I've spent, they've held up great and they fit the floors like a glove, literally no room for anything to get by them. Your console wobble at all like its not connected too?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by MechanicMatt
Yep still in VA. Moved here last may to be with my girl and i'm LOVIN it. Where are you at in Virginia, I need somebody to go wheelin with!

Sounds like some good plans for her too, I thought about going 4.5'' but realized for a DD/weekend offroader, 3" should be enough for now. Still deciding on a kit or if I'm gonna piece together a budget/jy lift. Damn money, haha.

Floormats were the first thing I picked up for my jeep too. They were pricey, but I got the Quadratec brand mats from their website. Probably the best $100 bucks I've spent, they've held up great and they fit the floors like a glove, literally no room for anything to get by them. Your console wobble at all like its not connected too?
Awesome. I'm near Richmond so we definitely should. And yeah I was lookin at those, not that expensive compared to others either!

After adding up the expenses for all my plans I might stick to a shorter lift. A 4.5 would cost be around $850 to do it right with quick discos included. That and my plans for subs and an amp are gunna be hard to pay for...

My console doesn't wobble too much but I can move it if I want. They aren't really fastened in very well.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM

Just thought I'd post and update of how things are going. Also got some questions for yall. Okay, so the past two weeks or so I have been religiously researching audio equipment for my Cherokee. I ended up getting a deck, 2 12" subs, a box, and amp, and a wiring kit to do it myself for an awesome price. (Major thanks to KFXHellRaiser - a CF vendor who has an awesome custom made box w/ sub that yall should check out - https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f10/xj...y-10-a-120210/. He REALLY knows his stuff and make sure I was getting great quality stuff for cheap. He researched so much for me and answered all my newb questions, no matter how annoying I was haha. So I recommend you guys buy his custom audio components because he's a great guy and very knowledgeable.)

Now I am in need of buying floor liners/mats. I'm looking at the Quadratec All-Weather ones, but I'll need to get free shipping. Any others I should take a look at?

Also, I heard that my stock wheels are 15x7 with 5.25" backspacing, so these wouldn't work with a 4.5" lift and 32x11.50x15 BFG A/T KOs, right?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

The quadratec liners fit nice but a eads up the quadratec label on it will break off in a couple weeks but twy work nice
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 PM

I LOVE my qtec floormats. Saved my floors many times, not that there's any hope to the driver's floor other than taking the carpet out and power washing it. thank you PO. The logos on mine are still intact too! haha

And mannn richmond? other side of the state! haha I'm in roanoke over here, not many places to wheel either :/
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Gotta love Quadratec - asked if I could have free shipping over the phone and they simply said "yes." Great deal on the front and rear floor mats - $100. Thanks for the help deciding guys!

Finally got some snow here in VA although it should be gone by tomorrow. Dad has a Wrangler that I bought a snow plow to make some money plowing driveways... could only get to 2, so mad.. Anyhow here are some snow pics - not a real update but whatever.
Attached Thumbnails luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0277.jpg   luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ-dsc_0278.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM

Okay, installed subs, amp, and deck last Friday. Took me and a friend seven hours but hey, they're in and workin' great. I'll upload pics when I can. Right now they are both in the trunk, but I want to screw the amp into the backside of the rear bench seat.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: Renix 4.0

7 hours?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by austinjoe13
7 hours?
We had no idea what we were doing... haha
Old 03-04-2012, 03:39 PM

Washed, waxed, windexed, armor-all'd, and lookin good. Also just ordered touch up paint to fix all the little scratches!

Quick Reply: luckyAD80's 2001 Sienna Pearl XJ