Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 door build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L straight 6
Default 2 door build thread

So I purchased a Cherokee a few months back and since things are kinda slow moving right now I figured I'd catch up and make a build thread. I'm new to the wheeling and off-roading world as well as jeeps so any advise, info, or anything to help move me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'll attach pictures as I go but I started out with a 94 2 door xj I bought for 700 bucks off craigslist in running and driving condition. I knew the floors were rusted pretty bad so I removed all the carpet and seats. I also was told the oil pan gasket needed replacing so I got on that and boy was that a pain in the you know what. So far I haven't really put anything aftermarket on it yet but I did pick up a set of steel wheels that needed some cleaning up so I decided to completely refinish them and bedline them. I want to keep this thread rolling so I will update as often as I can and again please any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-10-2016, 09:13 PM

The day I got her in my drive way the paint job looks like spray paint so I'm planning on raptor lining the whole thing after I get a new rear hatch and fix the driver side door

Replaced rear diff seal and found out i have a Chrysler 8.25 and since it is a 94 I'm thinking it's the 27 spline version but I don't know how to tell the difference

LAfter the seats got removed and before the nasty carpet got trashed

LYay rusty floors just what everyone loves to see

Passenger side is much much worse
Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Small rust hole in the trunk no biggie to be fixed soon

More rust around rear wheel well anyone have any tips on fixing this???
Old 05-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Picked a set of 15x10 steel wheels off craigslist for a good price need some work to get them lookin good again

Sticks out 3 and 1/4 inches from the fender flare but I'm planning on taking the flares off and trimming the fenders

Primer on the backside of the first wheel I did the auto primer worked really well

Wheel face primed after priming I really saw the spots I missed with the wire wheel so I got that back out hit the spots I missed and re painted

The finished product I'm very happy with the results picked up some stock bumpers to slap on too that will be Bedlined as well